Terms & conditions
In these terms and conditions, “we”, “us”, “our” refers to Chatham Financial and its group companies and “you”, “your”, “yourself” refers to any users of, or visitors to, our website and any commentary, opinions, data and other material posted or published by us on our website (“content”). These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website and its content. Your use of our ChathamDirect service is subject to separate terms and conditions (chathamfinancial.com/chathamdirect-terms-of-use).
- You can find information about us and our regulatory disclosures on our Legal Notices page.
- By using our website or content, you accept these terms and conditions in full. Future changes in laws, rules, regulations or guidance could affect these terms and conditions or the information contained in content. You must not use our website or content if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of them.
- Unless stated otherwise, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and content, which is protected by copyright and other laws and treaties around the world. All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and content are reserved.
Your use of our website and its content
- You may view, download, and print our content and you must always acknowledge our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of any content. You are encouraged to consult with suitably qualified professional advisers concerning specific matters before making any decisions based on our content.
- Our website and content are accessible worldwide. We cannot guarantee that the website or content complies with or is appropriate for use in all jurisdictions. You are responsible for informing yourself about and complying with such restrictions in the jurisdiction where you reside. We strongly recommend that you contact your legal adviser in this regard.
- Our content is aimed at investment professionals and professional clients and does not constitute an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction in which such an offer or solicitation is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer or solicitation. Should you seek to rely in any way whatsoever upon any content, you do so at your own risk.
- Where we provide hyperlinks on our website or in any content to other locations on the internet, we do so for information purposes only. We are not responsible for the material on any websites or pages of third parties linked to or from our website or content.
- You must not:
- use any part of our website or content for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors;
- sell, rent or sub-license content from our website;
- establish a link to our website or content in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
- use our website or content in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website in any way or take any action, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish, or distribute any material that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of its performance, availability or accessibility, including deploying any viruses, trojans, worms, denial-of-service, or distributed denial-of service attacks or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any computer, server, or database connected to our website;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to our website without our prior written consent; or
- post any material to our website which is illegal, libelous, maliciously false, obscene, indecent, offensive, unlawful, in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person, and capable of giving rise to legal action against any person.
- We do not represent or warrant:
- the completeness or accuracy of any content, although every effort is taken to ensure its accuracy;
- that content is up to date. We are under no obligation to update any content; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available at all times.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services or content, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- We (including our directors, officers, and employees) will not be liable or responsible to you or any of your affiliates for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage incurred or any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, business, contracts, commercial opportunities, or goodwill in connection with: (a) your use of, or inability to use, our website or content, including for any errors or inaccuracies contained therein; (b) any links, or the unavailability of such links, to other sites and resources provided by third parties which are contained in content; (c) any links to our website or content from third parties; or (d) any reliance placed on content by you or by anyone who may be informed of such content.
- We will not be liable to you or any of your affiliates in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database, or software or for the discontinuance or alteration of any website services or content, or if we stop publishing the website. We will not be liable to you or any of your affiliates in respect of any losses or damages arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, devices, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any content, or on any website linked to it.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- are subject to clause 1 above; and
- govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
- You hereby agree to indemnify us to the fullest extent from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, damages, and expenses arising out of your breach of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. The revised terms and conditions are binding on you and your use of the website and its content. You are expected to review this page from time to time to keep up to date with any changes.
- You agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract, or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without reference to conflict of law principles.
- Any disputes or claims relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts located in the Borough of Manhattan in New York City, in the State of New York, United States of America.
- Please contact [email protected] if you have any queries about these terms and conditions.