A holistic view of financial risk sets your business up for lasting success
Building a financial risk management program that protects your business from risks while nimbly navigating market events and business opportunities demands specialized expertise, operational acumen, and integrated technology. That’s why so many treasury teams partner with Chatham to complement their capabilities and amplify their impact on the organization. As the largest, independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm, serving more than 3,000 companies and handling roughly $3 trillion in transaction volume, we offer the unmatched perspective that comes from handling the highest volumes and largest breadth of engagements in our field. Accessing our tailored solutions, custom data analysis and best practices, you can:
- Adopt a risk policy that meets the needs of your organization.
- Gain insights into your global risk profile.
- Reduce earnings volatility.
- Ensure effective hedge accounting.
- Operationalize a cost-effective risk management program.
Director & Assistant Treasurer, Management and information technology consulting firm
We couldn't be happier to have Chatham Financial as a key treasury partner. They've been so impressive with their depth and breadth of knowledge, and their customer service.
Clients access our treasury advisory services to:
- Create, assess, restructure, or document risk management programs through access to informative resources, data driven insights, Dodd-Frank and EMIR integration, and ongoing professional support.
- Monitor and quantify risks through in-house simulations, models, and business intelligence tools presented clearly for board-member or management review.
- Implement risk management programs for interest rate, foreign exchange, and commodity exposures that balance risk reduction benefits against costs of hedging.
Clients enjoy significant advantages, including:
- A unique mix of advisory, operational support, and technology, so you can access all the capabilities necessary to manage the most effective risk management program and then scale up or down as your needs change.
- Confidence that solutions meet hedge accounting criteria supported by more than 20 years of experience and six former FASB members.
- Accessible information to provide customized risk management recommendations, clarity into the cost of certainty, and an independent perspective on market practices.
- A partnership that ensures seamless implementation and ongoing support for all your risk management advisory and technology needs.
Whether your company is just starting a risk management program or looking to improve an existing one, you can maximize your limited treasury resources and drive meaningful risk management practices in your organization by partnering with Chatham.
Subscribe to receive our market insights and webinar invites
Interested in our treasury advisory services?
Schedule a call with a corporate advisor.
Chatham Hedging Advisors, LLC (CHA) is a subsidiary of Chatham Financial Corp. and provides hedge advisory, accounting and execution services related to swap transactions in the United States. CHA is registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a commodity trading advisor and is a member of the National Futures Association (NFA); however, neither the CFTC nor the NFA have passed upon the merits of participating in any advisory services offered by CHA. For further information, please visit chathamfinancial.com/legal-notices.22-0203
Our featured insights
Bank of England continues with a 50 bps rate hike
On 22 September, the Bank of England (BoE) voted five to four to raise the U.K. base rate by 0.50% to 2.25%. The voting committee’s newest member, Swati Dhingra, voted for a lower 0.25% hike while the remaining dissenters voted for a higher 0.75%. While the hike matches the BoE’s largest ever...
Fed remains steadfast to their rate hikes
On Wednesday, September 21, the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) voted unanimously to raise the federal funds target range by 75 basis points to 3.00–3.25%. This rate hike is guided by their long-term goal of stabilizing prices while simultaneously ensuring maximum employment. The Fed is...
CFTC releases a Request for Information on climate-related financial risk
In June, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) released a Request for Information (RFI) on climate-related financial risk, and they have recently extended the deadline for comment until October 7. Regulators signal that climate-related issues will remain near the top of their agendas, so we wanted to ensure that our clients and the market were apprised of the RFI and could submit comments.
Hotter-than-expected inflation sends rates higher
The Treasury selloff intensified last week as investors recalibrated their bets for Federal Reserve policy action in the near term after the latest inflation readings showed prices accelerating faster than expected.
August inflation data spurs risk-off sentiment in markets
The latest U.S. CPI reading came in higher than economists expected last Tuesday, leading to sell-offs in equity markets and a resurgence of recessionary fears as the next FOMC meeting approaches.
Chatham's Q4 2022 outlook: Inflation, market volatility, and LIBOR transition
Watch Chatham's Managing Partner and Chair, Amol Dhargalkar, discuss key trends for the upcoming quarter like inflation, market volatility, and LIBOR transition.
Rates higher on hawkish Fed
In a light week for economic data releases, Treasuries continued to sell off, while the major U.S. equity indices snapped a three-week losing streak as investors digested the hawkish comments of several Federal Reserve officials, including Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell.
ECB sets record rate hike
A slow economic week was highlighted by the ECB hiking interest rates by 0.75% in response to high inflation and rising energy costs. Jerome Powell reiterated the Fed’s commitment to lower inflation, while WTI and Brent prices fell for the second straight week.