Debt-raising and refinancing for Regional REIT
Hedging and Capital Markets
Real Estate | London
A case study of how Chatham helped publicly listed company Regional REIT with a successful £50M fund-raise.
£50M retail bond
6 year maturity
4.5% fixed rate coupon
Our long-standing client, Regional REIT, had an upcoming zero dividend preference share (ZDP) issue due to mature and wanted to consider various routes for refinancing this funding on an unsecured basis.
- The deal team at Chathamgained an in-depth understanding of the borrower’s requirements for the debt-raising and explained some alternative routes to consider, including retail eligible bonds.
- Our capital markets team acted as sole advisors and joint arrangers on this issue, assisting the borrower through the legal process, negotiating terms and conditions of the covenants and early repayment clauses; coordinating the investor roadshows in the UK and Channel Islands; and navigating the regulatory framework before announcing the bond issue in mid-July 2018.
- Our strong networks into the retail investor base for fixed income securities led to a successful debt-raise, with £50M raised for a six-year term at a coupon of 4.5%.
- The interest cost on the bond represents an improvement of 200 basis points per annum.
- This type of capital markets issuance allowed Regional REIT plc to further diversify its funding sources and tap into capital provided by retail investors.
Contact the author
Please complete the form below to find out more about the topics discussed in this case study.
This material has been created by Chatham Financial Europe, Ltd. and is intended for a non-U.S. audience. Chatham Financial Europe, Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority of the United Kingdom with reference number 197251.
Our featured insights
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, we provide access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate and FX exposures.
On November 26, Chatham Financial accepted the inaugural Hedging Adviser of the Year award at the 2020 Risk Awards. This new award recognizes excellence in providing independent advice to derivatives users.
JCRA, now part of Chatham Financial, the independent financial risk management advisory, is delighted to announce that it has been recognised as Risk Management Advisory Firm of the Year at the GlobalCapital Global Derivatives Awards 2019.