Debt-raising and refinancing for Regional REIT
SummaryA case study of how Chatham helped publicly listed company Regional REIT with a successful £50M fund-raise.
£50M retail bond
6 year maturity
4.5% fixed rate coupon
Our long-standing client, Regional REIT, had an upcoming zero dividend preference share (ZDP) issue due to mature and wanted to consider various routes for refinancing this funding on an unsecured basis.
- The deal team at Chatham gained an in-depth understanding of the borrower’s requirements for the debt-raising and explained some alternative routes to consider, including retail eligible bonds.
- Our capital markets team acted as sole advisors and joint arrangers on this issue, assisting the borrower through the legal process, negotiating terms and conditions of the covenants and early repayment clauses; coordinating the investor roadshows in the UK and Channel Islands; and navigating the regulatory framework before announcing the bond issue in mid-July 2018.
- Our strong networks into the retail investor base for fixed income securities led to a successful debt-raise, with £50M raised for a six-year term at a coupon of 4.5%.
- The interest cost on the bond represents an improvement of 200 basis points per annum.
- This type of capital markets issuance allowed Regional REIT plc to further diversify its funding sources and tap into capital provided by retail investors.
Please complete the form below to find out more about the topics discussed in this case study.
This material has been created by Chatham Financial Europe, Ltd. and is intended for a non-U.S. audience. Chatham Financial Europe, Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority of the United Kingdom with reference number 197251.
Our featured insights
Financial risk management serving commercial real estate since 1991
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, we provide access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate and FX exposures.
Chatham Financial announces CEO transition effective January 2022
Matt Henry named the next Chatham CEO
Matt Henry: 30 years of partnership and innovation with our clients
Matt Henry reveals how our clients rely on Chatham's independence and innovation to ensure they are making informed financial risk management decisions. Chatham Financial is celebrating 30 years of serving our clients.
Clark Maxwell and Laura Grant: 30 years of bringing knowledge, data, and tools to the capital markets
Clark Maxwell and Laura Grant talk about how Chatham continues to bring a combination of knowledge, data, and tools to the capital markets. Chatham Financial is celebrating 30 years of serving our clients.