Debt-raising and refinancing for Regional REIT
SummaryA case study of how Chatham helped publicly listed company Regional REIT with a successful £50M fund-raise.
£50M retail bond
6 year maturity
4.5% fixed rate coupon
Our long-standing client, Regional REIT, had an upcoming zero dividend preference share (ZDP) issue due to mature and wanted to consider various routes for refinancing this funding on an unsecured basis.
- The deal team at Chatham gained an in-depth understanding of the borrower’s requirements for the debt-raising and explained some alternative routes to consider, including retail eligible bonds.
- Our capital markets team acted as sole advisors and joint arrangers on this issue, assisting the borrower through the legal process, negotiating terms and conditions of the covenants and early repayment clauses; coordinating the investor roadshows in the UK and Channel Islands; and navigating the regulatory framework before announcing the bond issue in mid-July 2018.
- Our strong networks into the retail investor base for fixed income securities led to a successful debt-raise, with £50M raised for a six-year term at a coupon of 4.5%.
- The interest cost on the bond represents an improvement of 200 basis points per annum.
- This type of capital markets issuance allowed Regional REIT plc to further diversify its funding sources and tap into capital provided by retail investors.
Please complete the form below to find out more about the topics discussed in this case study.
This material has been created by Chatham Financial Europe, Ltd. and is intended for a non-U.S. audience. Chatham Financial Europe, Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority of the United Kingdom with reference number 197251.
Our featured insights
Financing Priorities 2024: Capital Markets for Corporates, Private Equity, and Real Property Investors
Join us as we examine the latest priorities and trends for navigating real estate and corporate financing. Our expert panel will explore the dynamic capital markets landscape, revealing how it may impact priorities in 2024. Through an interactive Q&A format that encourages a variety of...
Real Estate Capital USA consults Andrew Thornfeldt on why the debt markets are slowing down
Andrew Thornfeldt speaks with Real Estate Capital USA as the real estate debt capital markets are slowing down. Thornfeldt discusses when the markets might thaw and what the implications are for deal terms now.