Business Analyst - Valuations
- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham Financial's Global Real Estate (“GRE”) sector solves real estate investors' capital markets problems and brings efficiency and innovation to the changing global landscape through unique offerings including interest rate hedging, capital advisory, defeasance and prepayment, debt management, accounting services and valuation. As part of Chatham's GRE sector, the Valuation Practice’s mission is to facilitate transparency and confidence in the valuation of institutional real estate investments. The team works with many of the largest real estate investment managers in the world by providing independence, expertise, and clarity to fair value measurements. The team encounters a wide variety of debt and real estate valuation problems, including mortgage-backed securities, property and fund level analyses, debt valuation for fair market reporting, and critical thinking on emerging valuation issues.
In this role you will:
- Partner with business and technology teams to enhance, grow, and maintain valuation models
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls related to completeness and accuracy of the production, review, and delivery of valuation products
- Maintain database of valuation conclusions and perform various data analyses including maintenance of BI dashboards, recurring reports, and adhoc analysis
- Assist in production of valuation research products including data analysis, product development, and project management
- Produce and deliver meaningful and accurate valuation products for core and complex valuation assignments
- Communicate market sourced valuation results and drivers clearly. Work with clients to answer questions or requests.
- Collaborate with team members to understand client and industry best practices and ensure that our models and reports resonate with the market
- Meaningfully contribute to the continuous development of exceptional processes, market expertise, and valuation products
In this role, you will contribute to Chatham’s purpose of Impacting Clients. As an organization dedicated to exceptional client service, we strive to exceed client expectations with our responsiveness, availability, and expertise.
Contributors to your success:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in software development, commercial real estate or valuations
- Strong problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Strong Excel skills, experience with SQL, R, and Python is a plus
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Excellent prioritization, time management, and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to build lasting relationships and improve processes
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Proven orientation towards collective team performance
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, employees who are client facing or have frequent travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is a client-facing, and/or role requiring travel and requires vaccination.