UX Researcher (Intern)
- Information Technology
- Kennett Square, PA
A leader in debt and derivative solutions, at Chatham Financial, we build software that ranges across multiple sectors and industries, as well as tools for our internal users to help them better serve our clients.
When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for 15 years or are just starting as an Intern. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
In this role you will:
• Learn strong collaboration skills as you work with our designers, researchers, product managers, subject matter experts, and engineering teams.
• Create storyboards, prototypes, and interface mockups to demonstrate product design ideas.
• Participate in workshops to answer critical business questions through design thinking, rapid prototyping, and testing ideas with customers.
• Help the team build and establish design patterns and guidelines and learn how those systems work.
• Use research and analytics to effectively communicate, present, and defend design concepts to stakeholders, and analyze and implement feedback with an open mind.
We are seeking a growing designer to join our design team for an 8 week, paid internship. You’ll work side by side with UX designers, UI designers, and UX researchers to create storyboards, prototypes, and interface mockups to demonstrate product design ideas while maintaining usability standards and industry best practices. As a designer at Chatham Financial, you’ll recognize that great design puts a premium on understanding users’ needs.
Contributors to your success:
• Are in the process of completing or have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design (e.g., graphic, product, interaction, visual communications), human-computer interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
• A collaborative nature and willingness to learn.
• Familiarity with rapid prototyping concepts and fail-fast, iterative design thinking in an Agile development environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a strong design foundation in information hierarchy, color theory, typography,
• Experience with responsive, device-agnostic design.
• Experience creating lo and high-fidelity prototype interface mockups with prototyping software such as Figma.
• Portfolio of user experience design work demonstrating a user-centered design process.
This role offers flexibility and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Working at Chatham means tackling diverse projects and solving complex problems. Are you up for the challenge?
Discover why more than 3,500 clients worldwide count on Chatham to understand and manage their financial risk.