- Software Development
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off."
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Our technology team is made up of a team of Software Engineers, Testers, DevOps Engineers, Security Engineers, UX Designers, UI Designers, UX Researchers, Quants and DBAs. We build software for our clients that range across multiple sectors and industries as well as tools for our internal users to help them better serve our clients.
In this role you will:
- Plan and conduct research through multiple stages of the product life cycle, from design discovery, prototype testing, through post-implementation analysis.
- Build and analyze use cases and translate them into efficient workflows.
- Be an ambassador for best practices and usability standards across our suite of products.
- Have a curious nature that seeks to understand why things work the way they do.
- Effectively communicate research findings, including the identification of key opportunities, to team members and stakeholders while implementing feedback with an open mind.
You will positively impact client experiences through the delivery of actionable and meaningful insights representative of the voice of our users. Partner with other researchers, user experience designers, user interface designers, developers, and product managers to collect user-centric data and facilitate sessions focused on journey mapping, user workflows, designs sprints, and usability testing. You will have the opportunity to interact with business leaders, subject matter experts, and clients to create and report on post-study artifacts all while maintaining and championing the highest usability best practices. As a UX Researcher at Chatham Financial, you will recognize that brilliant design puts a premium on empathy and understanding of a user’s needs.
Contributors to your success:
- Strong understanding of data-gathering and analysis techniques (qualitative and quantitative).
- Experience with facilitating user interviews, usability studies, contextual observations, surveying and collaborative workshops.
- Able to perform post-study analyses, summarize findings and identify key opportunities.
- A drive to ensure designs achieve the highest level of usability, desirability and user satisfaction.
- An ability to apply abstract thinking and recognize patterns.
- A desire to help shape and contribute to a growing UX research team.
- Knowledge of best practices around customer segmentation and persona development.
- Some experience with analyzing usage analytics (Google Analytics).
This role offers flexibility and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.