Treasury Advisory Consultant
- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham Financial's Corporates sector supports Treasurers and treasury teams of domestic and multi-national corporates in solving financial risk and capital markets problems. We serve a wide range of corporations including global multinational, manufacturing, life sciences, high growth technology, and energy companies. We provide advisory services in the areas of foreign currency, interest rate, and commodity risk management, with economic, accounting, and technology advisory and solutions. As part of Chatham's Corporates sector, the Treasury Advisory team’s role is to partner with clients on the economic implications of their risk profile and advise on strategies related to trade execution, development and maintenance of risk management programs, and integration of appropriate tools and processes. This role focuses largely on consulting engagements related to global FX risk, with some exposure to commodities and interest rates.
In this role you will:
- Produce and deliver meaningful and accurate analysis, hedging strategies, educational content, and operational documentation for clients.
- Support multiple project engagements under different project leads, with the intent to grow into the ability to lead projects with increasing complexity, supported by the collective expertise across the team.
- Work with the relationship management teams, delivery teams, and clients to ensure engagement planning, execution, and follow-up fulfill the scope of work and meet or exceed client expectations. Build trust through meaningful communication, understanding market needs and exceeding client expectations.
- Actively contribute to the team’s collective expertise through self-study, collaboration with team members, and development of junior resources.
- Support business development by articulating the value proposition, delivery capabilities, subject matter expertise, and resource capacity of the team.
- Keep up to date on the latest development of industry trends, market opportunities, and new risk management practices.
- Engage with team members outside of Treasury Advisory to support special projects, including content creation, conference presentations, cross-team integration projects, and sector-wide initiatives.
We seek individuals who will thrive in our culture and make a significant impact over the long term and have consistently demonstrated drive, determination, and substantial academic/professional accomplishment throughout their lives. A high level of intellectual curiosity, as well as the ability to build lasting relationships and improve processes, is required. Working with corporate treasury teams and complex global risk footprints requires excellent quantitative skills as well. Finally, we are looking for individuals who want to make a long-term commitment to Chatham. We make a large investment in each of our employees, and we hope that people will join us to be an integral part of our future growth and success.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant industry experience in finance, risk management, consulting, or accounting is preferred; math/engineering background considered. Title, responsibilities, and trajectory will flex based on the candidate’s composition of experience and strengths
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to work with large amounts of data and understand causal relationships and attention to detail in both inputs and outputs; experience with statistical analysis and financial modeling in Excel
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Proven orientation towards collective team performance
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.