Transactions Analyst, Global Real Estate
- Client Advisory
- Denver, CO
- $74,000 - $85,000 base
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s Global Real Estate (GRE) sector is the market leader in financial risk management and capital optimization strategies for institutional real estate owners and developers. Our independent advisory approach is supported by technology tools to help investors understand financial trade-offs and execute strategies at the individual asset and portfolio level.
GRE’s Hedging Advisory Team is experiencing significant growth in its core interest rate risk management business. To support that growth, we are looking to hire a Transaction Analyst. This role will focus on assisting Chatham’s commercial real estate investor client’s execute interest rate derivatives used in conjunction with loans that they use to capitalize their investments. Hires in this role will sit on a client facing team and assist experienced advisors and transaction operations specialists across the full spectrum of derivative execution; this will entail managing the documentation associated with processing these trades, communicating with and educating clients, as well as assisting with pricing, structuring, and financial modeling.
In this role you will:
- Manage the tracking and reporting of transaction operations, including: outstanding documentation, providing updates and reminders to clients, monitoring the team’s transaction trends, new pipeline deals and deal deadlines, etc.
- Review loan documents and extract key economic data as it pertains to hedge structuring.
- Prepare and review transaction documents to assist with transaction execution, legal and regulatory compliance.
- Assist experienced advisors in client relationship management, including in the preparation of client deliverables and other materials for client education.
- Become familiar with pricing models for interest rate derivatives commonly used by commercial real estate borrowers and provide pricing guidance for clients.
- Educate and advise clients and their brokers and lenders on transaction pricing, the transaction process, and the associated documentation.
In this role, you will contribute directly to client interactions. As an organization dedicated to exceptional client service, we strive to exceed client expectations with our responsiveness, availability, and expertise. The Hedging Advisory Team serves a wide range of Chatham clients and is often the primary point of contact for these clients. As you progress, you will become an integral part of client relationships, serve as the face of Chatham for these relationships, and become their trusted advisor.
Contributors to your success:
- A bachelor’s degree with a focus in business, finance, real estate, or a related field
- Orientation towards collective team performance
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate raw data into practical information
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
For more information, including CO Transparency details regarding compensation and benefits, please click here.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.