Transaction Operations Specialist
- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Our team in Kennett Square is growing and looking to hire a Transaction Operations Specialist onto our Private Equity and Infrastructure Group. This role will focus on processing trades in our proprietary systems and managing pre- and post-trade documentation processes for our interest rate and foreign currency hedging services. The purpose of the role is to continuously improve the efficiency, accuracy, and scalability of our hedging operations as we serve clients with excellence both before and after transactions are executed.
In this role you will:
- Manage the tracking and reporting of transaction operations, including: outstanding documentation, updates and reminders to clients, monitoring the team’s transaction trends, new pipeline deals and deal deadlines, etc.
- Coordinate trade documentation with clients and dealer banks from pre-trade discussions through trade execution and completion.
- Upload transaction details and transaction documents in the transaction management database.
- Confirm and check economic details of transactions prior to execution and after execution to ensure proper entry.
- Work closely with the team to coordinate compliance requirements such as Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and similar requirements.
- Serve as a resource on derivatives regulation from a process perspective, working closely with our team’s regulatory advisors.
- Assist in training other team members on salient documentation and regulatory issues from an operational perspective.
- Review loan documents and extract key economic data as it pertains to hedge structuring.
- Assist with ISDA documentation by coordinating with internal ISDA experts, attorneys, and banks.
- Assist clients to ensure their funds flow properly on settlements when required.
- Provide administrative support, primarily calendar management, for the head of our group.
This is an important role within the team, and individuals who perform excellently will be highly valued team members. Career development opportunities involve managing cross-team processes, relationships with counterparty banks, and becoming a resident expert in trade operations and derivatives documentation.
Contributors to your success:
- Experience in managing and organizing documents, trade operations and/or operational process improvement is preferred.
- Skills in organization, proactive initiative, attention to detail, consistent accuracy, strong verbal and written communication are critical.
- Capacity to quickly shift from one task to another in order to keep up with the fast-paced working environment.
- The ability to create, maintain, and improve highly effective processes is required.
- Experience in bank operations or as a paralegal is a plus, but not a requirement.
- A degree in finance is not required, but comfort with math is important.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.