Defeasance Transaction Operations Specialist
- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s Global Real Estate (GRE) sector is the market leader in financial risk management and capital optimization strategies for institutional real estate owners and developers. Our independent advisory approach is supported by technology tools to help investors understand financial trade-offs and execute strategies at the individual asset and portfolio level.
Our Defeasance and Prepayment team is seeking a Structured Finance Transaction Operations Specialist. The team is small and works together closely to deliver best-in-class defeasance and debt prepayment services to our real estate clients. The transaction operations specialist will support the team by tracking workflows, processing trades in our proprietary systems, and managing pre and post trade documentation processes. Learning takes place alongside experienced team members in an apprenticeship-style format. Training sessions and materials are provided.
In this role you will:
- Read, interpret, and analyze loan documents
- Extract loan information and input data into existing databases and Excel models
- Prepare, review, and organize transaction documents and client deliverables
- Confirm and check economic details of transactions prior to execution and after execution to ensure proper entry.
- Upload transaction details and transaction documents to the transaction management database
- Work with counterparties and partners to ensure optimal transaction execution
- Track transaction deadlines and deliverables
- Negotiate terms of client and partner engagements
- Contribute to market share growth by assisting with sales and marketing efforts and delivering excellent service to clients
- Assist in preparing training, sales, and business analysis presentations
- Assist in training other members of the real estate teams on defeasance subject matter
- Assist technology teams in development of new tools and improvements to existing tools
- Collaborate with other real estate teams to deliver solutions across platforms and practice areas
This is an important role within the team, and individuals who perform excellently will be highly valued team members. Growth opportunities include product management, managing relationships with partners, and becoming a subject matter expert.
Contributors to your success:
- Background in finance, accounting, business management, economics, real estate, or law
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and consistent accuracy
- Written and verbal communication skills and client-facing relationship management skills
- High aptitude in math, logical reasoning, and creative problem solving
- Ability to manage volatile workflow and work independently across intense, high-volume periods and low volume, find-work-for-yourself periods
- Ability to create, maintain, and improve highly effective processes
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Outlook
- Proficient in Acrobat
- Proficient in Bloomberg
- Proficient in and accustomed to daily use of Salesforce
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.