Technical Product Owner
- Software Development
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We seek to enhance the delivery of technology solutions to our clients and employees with a Technical Product Owner position. This is an important and new role that will help guide the development of a new product and service offering for the Global Real Estate industry. By joining on the ‘ground floor’, the right candidate will have the opportunity to have an outsized impact by shaping and supporting this new offering through the development life cycle.
The scope of the Technical Product Owner role includes project management, process decomposition, requirements definition, business to technical requirement transformation, technical specifications, scrum management, and delivery support. The Technical Product Owner will report to the Technical Program Manager, and work closely with product managers, software engineers, ux designers, and business stakeholders across multiple projects. Responsibilities will include both projects that support development of software solutions, as well as projects that seek to optimize existing business processes. As a software product and service organization, Chatham is emphatic about consistently providing an exceptional level of service, thrilling clients with our responsiveness, availability, and expertise. Our internal users, the advisory team members on the Global Real Estate team, are the front line of this effort.
In this role you will:
Evaluate business process, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing specifications for both near and longer-term solutions
• Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop requirements for feature requests and bug fixes
• Produce key artifacts including business and functional requirement documents, user stories, user acceptance test plans and test cases
• Create, organize, and manage large sets of structured and unstructured data gathered during research and discovery activities (queries, survey data, user stories, use cases, Jobs-to-be-Done, technical specifications), to support development efforts of the technology team
• Participate in a Chief Product Office process to develop a deep understanding of the target market, users, business problems, and opportunities
• Facilitate the process of generating, developing, cataloging and prioritizing new ideas, ensuring that key feedback and requests from clients and internal stakeholders are integrated into the product planning and development processes Present findings to project stakeholders and subject matter experts, to validate findings and fine-tune approach for development efforts
• Manage and prioritize the development backlog queue and create the future product roadmap
• Assist with issue troubleshooting, testing and data exploration to validate issues and develop solutions
• Work with product managers, technical and design leads, business owners and cross functional scrum teams through the entire SDLC
• Attend all key meetings, including stand-ups, backlog grooming, release planning, release demos, and sprint retrospectives
• Participate in the release aspect of the product including release plans, managing features and user stories, dependencies in and across releases; and managing releases with phases and milestones
• Assist the product team in tracking deliverables and timelines for multiple projects
• Assist in the preparation of communications of project statuses and new software releases to business stakeholders
• Communicate with stakeholders across the firm to educate and inform on software release plans and provide accurate communications of goals and progress
Contributors to your success:
• 7+ years of Product, Business Analyst, or Project Management experience
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution
• Strong analytical skills and ability to translate raw data into practical information
• Strong problems solving and analysis skills
• Experience in Business Analysis techniques, such as information gathering methods, requirements documentation, process modeling and mapping
• Experience facilitating requirements from non-technical SME’s, transforming requirements into Technical Specifications and directing full stack development teams to delivery
• A high level of numeracy—comfort applying numerical concepts and reasoning with numbers
• A penchant for attention to detail
• Strong team player with ability to lead and influence teams without direct control
• Strong presentation and communication skills, ability to develop and present content for management
An ideal candidate would also possess:
• Experience with financial modeling
• Experience with all stages in a project lifecycle and Agile and Lean delivery approaches
• Familiarity with project management software applications
• Experience in commercial real estate or capital markets
• Analyst-level experience working with enterprise, banking, or transaction management systems
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.