Structured Finance Analyst
- Client Advisory
- Denver, CO
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s Global Real Estate (GRE) sector is the market leader in financial risk management and capital optimization strategies for institutional real estate owners and developers. Our independent advisory approach is supported by technology tools to help investors understand financial trade-offs and execute strategies at the individual asset and portfolio level.
Chatham’s real estate team is seeking a results-oriented, high-performing analyst to structure and purchase bond portfolios for defeasance transactions. The team is small and works together closely to deliver best-in-class defeasance and debt prepayment services to institutional real estate clients. The team structures and purchases roughly $1 billion of structured bond portfolios each month. The analyst will gain expertise in all aspects of defeasance and prepayment transactions, and is expected to progress into managing deals independently within the first year. Learning takes place alongside experienced team members in an apprenticeship-style format.
In this role you will:
- Model and structure bond portfolios
- Purchase structured bond portfolios through Chatham’s propriety process
- Close sales with prospective clients and contribute to market share growth
- Negotiate terms of client and partner engagements
- Lead conference calls
- Read, interpret, and analyze loan documents
- Extract loan information and input data into existing models
- Educate and advise clients on defeasance and prepayment issues
- Work with counterparties and partners to ensure optimal transaction execution
- Create and deliver training, sales, and business analysis presentations
- Assist in training other members of the real estate teams
- Assist technology teams in tool development
- Collaborate with other real estate teams to deliver solutions across platforms
This is a dynamic, fast-paced, client-facing role. In coordinating a critical aspect of client transactions, the candidate will directly contribute to our purpose of Impacting Clients. This is an important role within the team, and individuals who perform excellently will be highly valued team members.
Contributors to your success:
- Background in finance, accounting, business management, economics, real estate, or law
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and consistent accuracy
- Written and verbal communication skills and client-facing relationship management skills
- High aptitude in math, logical reasoning, and creative problem solving
- Team oriented
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under deadline
- Ability to manage volatile workflow and work independently across intense, high-volume periods and low volume, find-work-for-yourself periods
- Ability to create, maintain, and improve highly effective processes
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications such as Powerpoint, Word, and Outlook
- Proficient in Acrobat
- Proficient in Bloomberg
- Proficient in Salesforce
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, employees who are client facing or have frequent travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is a client-facing, and/or role requiring travel and requires vaccination.