Senior Staff Accountant
- Finance & Operations
- Kennett Square, PA
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s Internal Finance team provides detailed reporting to the firm’s various sectors and practice areas to enable them to make informed decisions for the business. The team strives for excellence in all we do, while creating an environment where individuals are respected and encouraged to share ideas. We are looking to add an organized, inquisitive, and driven accountant to the team. Primary responsibilities include assisting with the financial close, reconciliations, preparation, and review of financial statements for the company.
In this role you will:
- Assist in compiling and preparing monthly financial statements for US companies and related foreign subsidiaries
- Develop an understanding of Chatham’s billing and revenue structure, both US and foreign
- Assist in preparing and disseminating monthly and quarterly revenue reports for US and foreign entities
- Promote and recommend process improvements
- Develop an understanding of expenditures incurred across geographies and all Chatham teams
- Assist with various year-end accounting activities
- Perform a detailed review and monthly reconciliation of all assigned general ledger accounts
- Perform financial closing activities in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with corporate policies
- Gain an understanding of Chatham’s travel reimbursement system (Concur) and assist in the processing and monthly expense reporting
- Assist with special projects as assigned, including but not limited to, new accounting standards implementations, technical accounting research, technology upgrades, and ad-hoc reporting requests
One of Chatham’s purposes is to have an impact on our clients. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on our internal clients by providing useful, accurate, and timely financial information. The desired candidate should be able to address questions as they arise and be able to communicate clearly to individuals at any level. Ideally, a person in this position should feel comfortable challenging our current processes and offering suggestions for improvements. We are searching for a flexible team player who is willing to assume any routine tasks in order to contribute to the team’s success. At Chatham, you have the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally, while working with smart and engaging colleagues who are truly vested in your success.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum of two years of experience in Accounting/Finance with demonstrated growth
- Proficiency in General Ledger accounting with a strong knowledge of reconciliations, month-end/year-end close
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in an ERP system
- Experience with International Accounting preferred
- Detail orientation, organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills
- Flexible, team player
- Continuous process improvement mindset
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to identify issues and recommend solutions
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.