Senior .Net Engineer
- Software Development
- Kennett Square, PA
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
As a .Net Engineer you will be working on the advancements of our unique proprietary software, ChathamDirect. In this role you will be responsible for building our new SaaS Products from the ground up. As for our team, we are a diverse group of Software Engineers, Testers, DevOps Engineers, Security Engineers, UX Designers, Quants and DBAs at varying levels of expertise. We pride ourselves on exciting our clients with our SaaS based products built for: corporations, global real estate firms, financial Institutions, and private equity advisors. We are a global team that thrives on collaboration, fostering relationships, and providing our employees with equal opportunities for growth and professional advancements.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop microservices using .NET for building scalable and reliable financial applications.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to define domains and architecture.
- Design, implement, and document APIs for internal and external clients.
- Ensure that code follows best practices for scalability, fault tolerance, and resilience, allowing applications to handle high traffic and maintain high availability.
- Design and implement data persistence strategies, including selecting appropriate databases and implementing data models and access layers.
- Utilize messaging and event-driven architecture to enable asynchronous communication and ensure loose coupling and scalability.
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions to track the performance, health, and security of microservices, allowing for efficient debugging and troubleshooting.
- Conduct thorough testing, including unit testing and integration testing, to ensure the stability and reliability of the application.
- Work closely with DevOps teams to deploy, configure, and manage the infrastructure and containerization platforms (such as Docker).
- Collaborate with frontend developers and UI/UX designers to integrate microservices into our SaaS platform.
- You will have a direct impact on delivering products and solutions to help our clients analyze, account for and report on their financial risk.
- You will build tools to automate external or internal workflows to serve our clients across multiple sectors and directly contribute to revenue growth and support recurring revenue streams or streamline internal operations and processes to positively contribute to our bottom line.
- You will help to foster an inclusive culture where technical excellence, delivery and collaboration is encouraged.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience developing .NET applications in an agile scrum environment.
- Experience using .NET Core
- Experience with Docker a plus
- Experience with unit testing, Test-Driven Development, and mocking frameworks
- Understanding of continuous delivery principles and processes
- Understanding of REST principles, Service-oriented architecture, and API development
- Open-source development projects.
- Contributions to the local developer community.
- Quantitative and modeling skills with an ability to learn techniques in numerical optimization, data mining, simulation, or model calibration.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1 trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. At Chatham, we look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.