- Business Development
- Denver, CO
- The base salary is expected to start between $55,000 and $70,000 annually. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
The US Global Real Estate Transactional Sales Team focuses on the management of relationships to industry partners (debt intermediaries, counsel, lenders, etc.) and new and existing clients, in coordination with the US Hedging team, with the objective of increasing revenue, adding new clients, expanding existing clients to new services, and defending against losing clients to competitors. The team is responsible for devising a short- and long-term strategic approach to improving relationships with these stakeholders. Tactics to achieve these objectives include in-person visits, market update calls, industry events, and relationship calls with senior leadership members and decision-makers.
As we grow and attempt to increase the impact this team can achieve, we are creating a new Sales Operations position to support the sales leads. This position will report to the Director of Business Development in Denver and work closely with Sales and Business Development Lead in Kennett Square. As such, this role can be hired in Denver, CO or Kennett Square, PA.
In this role you will:
- Provide general support to the sales leads through ownership of as many of the administrative, clerical, organization, and process related tasks as possible to allow leads to focus on their core responsibilities.
- Proactively develop and execute processes and procedures to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Transactional Sales team.
- Manage the organization of data in Salesforce to ensure it is complete and accurate and effectively supports the team’s understanding of the universe of stakeholders, prioritization, trip planning, and task management.
- Generate research about companies and contacts to support interactions with clients and influencers through Salesforce, Real Capital Analytics, LinkedIn, company websites and other sources.
- Construct decks for client presentations to be used by the sales leads and US Hedging team from pre-existing materials, as well as suggesting additional material to be leveraged.
- Analyze market and client data to produce business development and CRM action plans and proposed meeting schedules.
- Manage transactional sales team travel agenda planning; from identification of opportunities by city and company, securing and scheduling of meetings and events, through planning, booking, and execution of each trip.
- Manage the response to in-bound queries from clients and influencers. Where appropriate, responding directly or directing to the internal person who can best respond.
- Where feasible, support the advisory responsibilities of the US Hedging team with associated administrative tasks around client relationship management.
Contributors to your success:
- Experience supporting a high-growth sales team
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM is a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Motivation and creativity to discern ways in which we can be improving upon process
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Comfort with the ambiguity and ability to make decisions with sometimes limited information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred
- Expected to work in-office
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.