Regulatory Operations Specialist
- Regulatory Consulting
- Kennett Square, PA
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We seek to enhance the regulatory team supporting our Private Equity, Infrastructure, and Real Estate businesses with a role specializing in global regulatory documentation and process management. This role will be an integral part of a team that provides regulatory advisory, compliance operations, and derivatives contract negotiation to our clients.
In this role you will:
- Understand global derivatives regulations and their impact on the operational aspects of Chatham’s hedging business.
- Analyze client and trade-specific information to determine required compliance action items and assist in ensuring those requirements are met.
- Work closely with sector team members to support the completion and review of regulatory pre-trade documentation.
- Research questions related to regulatory documentation from clients and stakeholders, using internal and publicly available resources.
- Track client compliance obligations, ensure that relevant internal stakeholders are apprised, and related processes are documented and completed.
- Effectively summarize issues and communicate with a range of audiences.
- Share knowledge related to regulatory compliance documentation and market standards.
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented and/or followed, including proper auditing and tracking.
- Assist with ISDA documentation by coordinating with internal ISDA experts, attorneys, and banks.
- Develop regulatory reporting expertise and support advisory, operations, and technology teams focused on regulatory matters.
The role may also include opportunities to contribute to the team in other capacities as interests and team needs align.
This is an important role within the team, and individuals who perform well will be highly valued team members across our Real Estate, Private Equity and Infrastructure practices. Career development opportunities involve contributing to cross-team projects and system changes; fostering relationships with internal stakeholders, clients, law firms, and counterparty banks; involvement in industry working groups; and becoming a resident expert in global derivatives regulation.
Contributors to your success:
- 3-5 years experience
- Experience in the legal or compliance field is strongly preferred
- Ability to speak and write clearly and to tailor communication style to the audience
- Attention to details as well as an ability to synthesize information with a high-level perspective
- Capacity to quickly and thoroughly research regulatory and business issues and effectively communicate outcome to stakeholders
- Proactive and willing to balance multiple priorities
- Driven by a dedication to continual learning
- Commitment to exceptional client service in any task
- Collaborative and collegial approach
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1 trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.