Regulatory and Documentation Advisor
- Regulatory Consulting
- Denver, CO
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We seek to enhance the regulatory team supporting our Financial Institutions businesses with a role specializing in derivatives documentation, and regulatory advisory and compliance operations for our clients.
In this role you will:
- Understand global derivatives regulation and its application in common client situations and regularly field questions from our internal swap desk
- Review and analyze hedging and loan documentation for substance, accuracy, and consistency
- Develop deep expertise on the documentation and market standards governing our clients’ hedging transactions, including ISDA Master Agreement, Schedule, and Credit Support Annex, trade confirmations, clearing agreements, loan agreements, guaranties, and pre-trade compliance documentation
- Negotiate terms on behalf of clients, in consultation with client counsel and summarize issues for key stakeholders
- Develop an understanding of capital markets, financial institutions, and the derivative products on which we advise to identify potential regulatory compliance issues
- Create and/or maintain tools for proper logging and organization of derivatives documentation, including tracking outstanding documentation, and providing updates and reminders to clients and internal stakeholders
- Effectively share knowledge relating to derivatives regulation with internal teams and clients through training sessions, phone calls, and client alerts
- Ensure policies and procedures and proper auditing and tracking processes are implemented and followed for client compliance with derivatives regulation
- Participate in industry working groups to provide community and regional bank perspectives on evolving legal and regulatory issues
- The role may also include opportunities to contribute to the team in other capacities as interests and team needs align
This is an important role within the team, and individuals who perform well will be valued team members across our advisory practice. The role is client facing with primary responsibility for regulatory and documentation matters concerning Financial Institutions of varying sizes and specifications. Career development opportunities involve managing cross-team processes, becoming a resident expert in regulatory advisory, documentation and trade operations, and involvement in sector-wide projects and initiatives.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a legal field is preferred
- Experience working with derivatives regulation, ISDA, or transaction contract review may be beneficial but is not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an understanding of how to tailor communication style to the audience
- Ability to read and understand information quickly
- Attention to detail but also an ability to synthesize information with a high-level perspective
- Critical thinking
- Organizational skills
- Systems and process orientation
- A proven track record of exceptional client service
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
Working at Chatham means tackling diverse projects and solving complex problems. Are you up for the challenge?
Discover why more than 3,500 clients worldwide count on Chatham to understand and manage their financial risk.