Quantitative Analyst - Private Equity
- Hedging Operations
- Kennett Square, PA
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
Chatham Financial's Global Private Equity & Infrastructure team provides risk management solutions through a unique advisory offering including interest rate, foreign exchange, commodities, and inflation hedging, in addition to related legal, regulatory, accounting, and valuation services.
As a key member of the Quantitative Strategic Advisory team, you will be involved throughout the various stages of client advisory process, focusing on quantitative analyses of FX and interest rate exposures, and advising clients on optimal hedging strategies and trade-offs. You will work with senior consultants on client projects and your main stakeholders will be the clients themselves.
You will also use technology to both enhance Chatham’s product offerings and enable our team to find innovative and efficient solutions to analytical problems.
You will interact regularly with Chatham’s proprietary models, build analyses that summarize clients’ problems and our recommendations efficiently, and accompany senior consultants in client calls to deliver our findings and recommendations.
As you grow your skills while being mentored by more senior members of the team, you will be expected to meaningfully contribute to the continuous development of exceptional processes, grow your market expertise and develop substantial knowledge about the US and International capital markets and derivative instruments.
Contributors to your success:
The successful candidate thrives on challenge and complexity and will work alongside teammates to provide interest rate and currency hedging advice to a wide variety of private equity sponsors, privately owned corporations, and on infrastructure projects.
They will leverage and build tools to both enhance Chatham’s product offerings and enable our team to provide those offerings at scale.
We seek people who want to make capital markets their career and have consistently demonstrated drive, determination, and substantial academic and professional accomplishment throughout their lives.
- A minimum of 1+ years of quantitative skills – you must have a fundamental quantitative ability in order to learn and excel in our business
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to improve processes.
- Familiarity with technology and comfort in using it to find innovative and efficient solutions to analytical problems
- BA/BS required, with a preference for degrees in engineering, mathematics, finance, and/or computer science
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complexity concisely to a diverse range of client audiences
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a broader team with flat hierarchy where everyone contributes
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and programming concepts are essential; experience with Python, SQL Server, VBA, and virtualization (Docker) are a plus
- Knowledge of financial markets or derivatives products are a plus, but not a requirement.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1 trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
Working at Chatham means tackling diverse projects and solving complex problems. Are you up for the challenge?
Discover why more than 3,500 clients worldwide count on Chatham to understand and manage their financial risk.