- Quantitative Modeling
- Denver, CO
- $74,000 - $95,000
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s Analytics team sits at the nexus of our consulting and technology offerings. The team’s multidisciplinary skillset enables it to understand our clients’ needs and build the tools and models required to meet those needs. Analytics also functions at the forefront of Chatham’s product frontier, prototyping valuation models, analyses, and service offerings for new client requests.
In this role, you will:
- Develop substantial knowledge about the US and International capital markets and derivative instruments
- Engage in Chatham’s month-end process by providing custom valuations for our clients’ exotic derivatives that are not handled by our platform
- Conduct analyses for our clients to identify sources of financial risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Answer client questions related to Chatham’s pricing methodology and models
- Grow to become a subject matter expert for other teams in regards to valuations, modeling, analysis, and the capital markets
- Build tools to both enhance Chatham’s product offerings and enable our consultants to provide those offerings at scale
- Research and create valuation models for derivatives in the IR, FX, Commodities, and Equities spaces
You will work with individuals and teams across Chatham to provide our clients with innovative solutions and insightful analyses. Recent examples of work product include building exotic equity option valuation models in Python, developing a fund-level dashboard for FX hedging in Power BI, automating peak and off-peak power valuations, and simulating forward curves for scenario analysis. You will also be called upon to speak with our clients as a subject matter expert on our valuation methodologies and modeling.
You will develop your skills while being mentored by more senior members of the Analytics team. You will be exposed to all of the asset classes Chatham currently advises on, in addition to playing a critical role in Chatham’s expansion into new asset classes and analyses.
Contributors to your success:
- This role is open to candidates with zero to three years of professional experience in a quantitative finance or consulting field
- Good interpersonal and communication skills - you should expect significant interaction with internal consultants and external clients
- Innovative problem solving ability
- Rock-solid quantitative skills – you must have a fundamental quantitative ability in order to learn and excel in our business
- Familiarity with technology and comfort in using it to find innovative and efficient solutions to analytical problems
- BA/BS required, with a preference for degrees in engineering, mathematics, finance, computer science, and/or economics; advanced degrees in these disciplines are welcome, as well
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and programming concepts are essential; experience with Python, SQL Server, VBA, and virtualization (Docker) are a plus
- Experience with financial derivatives is a plus
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.