Private Equity Hedging Consultant
- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
The private equity and infrastructure sector is looking for a uniquely qualified individual to join our dynamic and hardworking team. The successful candidate thrives on challenge and complexity and will work alongside teammates to provide interest rate and currency hedging advice to a wide variety of private equity sponsors, privately owned corporations, and on infrastructure projects. This person will enjoy a collaborative, apprentice-style development model. They will begin contributing Day One on live deals alongside senior advisors and have the opportunity for rapid growth into client and engagement ownership.
In this role you will:
Work in collaboration with senior team members to:
- Gather and analyze client interest rate and foreign exchange exposures, utilizing Chatham’s proprietary models and the team’s spreadsheet-based tools to quantify clients’ risk under various rate/macro scenarios
- Prepare presentation materials containing quantitative analysis, market data/information, and advisory content. After growing to a level of comfort and expertise over time, ultimately lead clients through the materials on conference calls
- Ensure KYC, regulatory and ISDA processes run smoothly and the client is ready to trade in a timely manner by coordinating setup amongst clients, their counsel, internal resources, and potential dealer counterparties
- Coordinate with hedge accounting colleagues as applicable to ensure trades are optimized for hedge accounting efficiency and internal processes run smoothly prior to and post-execution
- Review relevant loan documentation, structure trades and prepare term sheets, confirming economic details of transactions prior to execution, as well as proper entry post-execution
- Structure/execute interest rate, foreign exchange, and cross-currency hedges on a vanilla and deal-contingent basis, optimizing from both a pricing and client relationship standpoint in the process
- Meaningfully contribute to the continuous development of exceptional processes, market expertise, and client service
Providing excellent client service is a key tenet of our team and you will contribute to those efforts from Day One. In addition to helping clients understand their market risk and the tools available to mitigate those risks, you will be a key contributor to implementing the relevant hedging strategies and providing a positive impact for our clients. This is the case both directly in the specific transaction as well as indirectly in maintaining Chatham’s reputation and presence as a key capital markets and hedging advisor.
Contributors to your success:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complexity concisely to a diverse range of client audiences
- Quantitative/analytical skills and mathematical proficiency
- Collaborative mindset and team-first mentality
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and align resources proficiently to deliver a high level of client service
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Excel/financial modeling skills
- PowerPoint experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a finance role with time spent in advisory and/or analytical roles preferred
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, employees who are client facing or have frequent travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is a client-facing, and/or role requiring travel and requires vaccination.