- Software Development
- Kennett Square, PA
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Our tech platform team is made up of Software Engineers & DBAs located in several countries and time zones. We interact daily with each other as well as our key business & tech stakeholders to ensure quality and speedy delivery of our platform offerings. The tech platform team owns infrastructure, DevOps, AppSec and data for software development lifecycle, internal and client facing applications.
In this role you will:
- Build and manage Chatham’s virtual and cloud infrastructure primarily through code.
- Support and enhance Chatham’s continuous integration/delivery system.
- Develop tools that enable our development teams to deliver and scale our software iterations faster, with higher quality and with the necessary operational insight.
- Build and maintain vulnerability management tools (e.g. SAST, DAST, SCA)
- Train and assist teams with finding, assessing and mitigating security vulnerabilities.
- Develop and support common services used by the ChathamDirect platform including but not limited to logging, statistics gathering, service discovery, secret storage, authentication, and authorization.
- Consult with product teams on project planning and best practices for architecture, security, data and releases.
- Leverage and contribute to an array of opensource technologies.
In this role, you will have direct impact on the software development platform leveraged by internal development teams. You will build on-premises and public cloud systems through code that increase run-time visibility, availability, and security of applications. You will enhance self-service capabilities for internal development teams, reducing the time and resources required for teams to develop and deploy features. You will help to foster an inclusive culture where technical excellence, delivery and collaboration is encouraged. This role will not require direct people management. You will impact others through technical mentorship while actively building a robust product.
Contributors to your success:
Ideally you will have some, or most, of the following qualifications, but more importantly you have the desire, drive, and ability to learn and become a key contributor in these areas:
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps, AppSec or Software Engineer.
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Expert scripting and development in your preferred language (e.g. C#, Python, PowerShell).
- Experience with systems and IT operations in a hybrid Windows/Linux server environment.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Experience with container and VM build automation (e.g. Packer, Terraform, gcloud cli, AWS cli).
- Experience with container technologies and platforms (e.g. Docker, Nomad, Amazon ECS, Kubernetes, OpenShift).
- Strong grasp of continuous delivery principles and processes.
- Experience with Git for source control and GitHub/GitLab for collaboration.
- Experience with artifact management tools (e.g. Artifactory, Nexus).
- Experience with large scale deployments in a service-oriented/microservices architecture.
- Experience with hybrid cloud architectures and environments (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Comfortable supporting a polyglot development environment, often requiring support across multiple languages and operating systems.
- Ability to demonstrate effective and open communication and collaboration across teams and stakeholders.
This role offers flexibility and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.