Payroll, HRIS and Compensation Manager
- Internal Services
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with Experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
As part of the greater people team, the Payroll, HRIS and Compensation Manager is a key position focused on delivering effective leadership and direction to HRIS, payroll and compensation programs. The successful candidate will not only bring a requisite amount of human resources expertise, but also the leadership, project management and organizational skills to effectively influence and implement numerous priorities across our organization. The ideal candidate will thrive providing data backed insight to serve the People Team, senior leadership, and the employee population.
In this role you will:
- Maintain data integrity in HR systems through creation of appropriate configuration controls, standards and processes, as well as regular audits of data. Manage and monitor the overall system health and data accuracy of teammate data in HR Systems. Maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data
- Manage the review, testing, and implementation of HR Systems upgrades. Utilize test environment, where applicable, to determine the impact of the upgrades. Communicate changes to impacted stakeholders. Maintain HRIS tables. Document processes and results
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Train teammates on new processes/functionality. Responsible for training subject matter experts (Benefits, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Training, etc.) on how to maintain, update and audit validation tables on HR Systems
- Provide second tier end user support for the HR Systems, including researching and resolving system issues, unexpected results, or process flaws; and performing scheduled activities. Recommends solutions or alternate methods to resolve said issues
- Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or enhancements to established policies/practices for approval/implementation. This includes creation of automated notifications from the Business Intelligence system that alert teammates, managers, and/or internal Human Resources customers on key communications and report generation
- Serve as a key liaison with management of third parties and internal stakeholders (e.g. payroll, benefits, finance)
- Own systems workflow process. Ensure system optimization, efficiency and effectiveness. Train teammates and document processes as needed
- Responsible for overall U.S. and International payroll operations
- Manages workflow and proactively identify and resolve issues; Balances workload of department to ensure all critical functions are covered on a daily basis
- Identify and/or implement new initiatives or procedures to improve the quality and consistency of work performed within department
- Leads annual audits, including Financial Audit, Pension and Workmen’s Comp Audit
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reports for external agencies as well as for internal customers
- Familiar with and able to perform each aspect of US and international payroll
- Conduct benchmarking of pay for positions using market data to ensure competitive positioning and alignment with compensation philosophy. Provide information for teammate/new hire pay decision making
- Participate and/or manage the annual increase and bonus program process; support the ESPP program as needed. Recommend enhancements. Conduct review of analytics to ensure equitable and consistent pay practices and alignment with pay philosophy
- Manage process and workflow related to internal compensation changes to ensure appropriate tracking and reporting
You will have the opportunity to oversee administration, enhancements, and implementation of pivotal Payroll, HRIS, and Compensation programs. You will partner across the organization with HR leadership and key senior stakeholders to ensure these programs continue to support our employee needs.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum of five (5)+ years payroll processing and HRIS system administration experience required
- Proficiency in understanding and applying employment laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of HRIS applications including HRIS configuration and administration experience
- Advanced Excel and HRIS reporting skills
- Prior supervisory/management experience
- Experience with a Corporate Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Experience in mid-size (500+), global company preferred
- Experience with 401(k) Retirement programs, Form 5500 filings and Audits
- Experience with expatriate payroll
- UKG/UltiPro and Cloud Pay software utilization
- PHR Certification
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.