- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
- commensurate upon experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We seek to enhance our operations and regulatory compliance team with a role specializing in documentation and process management for interest rate, currency, and commodity transactions. The role is part of our central operations group charged with managing derivative contracts and related post-trade processes including derivatives matching platforms.
In this role you will:
The purpose of the role is to continuously improve the efficiency, accuracy, and scalability of our hedging operations as we serve clients with excellence before and after transactions are executed. This role will provide support for transactions executed by Chatham’s real estate, private equity, corporate, and financial institutions sectors. We expect primary responsibilities to include:
Hedging documentation review
- Review derivative trades documentation for accuracy by comparing bank documentation with our transaction records; assess both economic terms and other provisions
- Learn and understand the agreements associated with derivatives as set by the International Swaps & Derivatives Association (ISDA) documentation including the Credit Support Annex (CSA)
Manage processes with client teams, banks, and other third parties
- Evaluate, implement, and manage third party platforms to manage trade affirmation, reporting, and reconciliation
- Coordinate with bank back-office groups and foster strong working relationships to improve processes and accuracy
- Assist clients to ensure their funds flow properly on all settlements
- Manage the tracking and internal reporting of transaction operations including outstanding documentation, updates, and reminders to colleagues and clients
Assist clients in complying with derivatives regulatory requirements
- Work with client teams to manage regulatory compliance requirements such as Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and similar requirements
- Learn relevant regulatory requirements under Dodd-Frank and EMIR to assist with the operational management of:
- Clearing and margin requirements
- Trade execution requirements
- Documentation requirements
- Regulatory reporting requirements
- Portfolio reconciliation requirements
The role may also include opportunities to contribute to the team in other capacities as interests and team needs align.
Our team works in partnership with Chatham’s advisory teams and clients to help them efficiently navigate the operational and regulatory compliance aspects of a transaction. We strive to continually improve the workflows we are responsible for and have the chance to do so by implementing process changes and/or leveraging supporting technology. Team members play a crucial role in these process improvements and serve as subject matter experts, providing regular training and resources for all Chatham teams.
Contributors to your success:
- 2 years of experience working in operations or contract review may be beneficial but is not required
- An interest in operational process management and improvement
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Ability to multitask and independently prioritize workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We seek individuals that will thrive in our culture and can make a significant impact over the long term. Most of our team members do not come to Chatham with a deep understanding of derivatives; therefore, we conduct classroom and apprentice-style training. We look for people who have consistently demonstrated drive, determination, and academic/professional accomplishment throughout their lives. We invest a great deal of time and training with our employees and we are looking for individuals who want to make a long-term commitment to the company.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.