- Client Advisory
- Denver, CO
- $70,000 - $80,000 base
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We seek to enhance our global Corporates team with a role specializing in documentation and process management for interest rate, currency, and commodity transactions. The role is a key part of our team and is charged with managing the processing of derivative contracts and associated operational and regulatory workflows in proprietary and third-party systems.
In this role you will:
The purpose of the role is to continuously improve the efficiency, accuracy, and scalability of our hedging operations as we serve clients with excellence before and after transactions are executed. We expect primary responsibilities to include:
- Hedging documentation management
- Coordinate trade documentation with clients and dealer banks from pre-trade discussions through trade execution and completion
- Learn and understand the agreements associated with derivatives as set by the International Swaps & Derivatives Association (ISDA) documentation including the Credit Support Annex (CSA)
- Manage processes with client teams, banks, and other third parties
- Review loan documents and extract key economic data as it pertains to hedge structuring and accounting
- Load transaction details and documents into transaction management databases
- Coordinate with bank back-office groups and foster strong working relationships to improve processes and accuracy
- Assist clients to ensure their funds flow properly on all settlements
- Manage the tracking and internal reporting of transaction operations including outstanding documentation, updates, and reminders to colleagues and clients
- Serve as the subject matter expert, and provide training, on relevant operations and regulatory processes
- Assist clients in complying with derivatives regulatory requirements
- Work closely with the team’s regulatory advisor to learn the impact of emerging regulations on the Corporates team’s transaction process
- Learn relevant requirements under Dodd-Frank and EMIR regulations to assist with the operational management of:
- Clearing and margin requirements
- Trade execution requirements
- Documentation requirements
- Regulatory reporting requirements
- Portfolio reconciliation requirements
The role may also include opportunities to contribute to the team in other capacities as interests and team needs align.
In this role, you will help clients efficiently navigate the operational and regulatory compliance aspects of a transaction. We strive to continually improve the workflows we are responsible for and have the chance to do so by implementing process changes and/or leveraging supporting technology. Team members play a crucial role in these process improvements and serve as subject matter experts, providing regular training and resources for all Chatham teams.
Contributors to your success:
- 2 years of experience working in operations or contract review may be beneficial but is not required
- An interest in operational process management and improvement
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Ability to multitask and independently prioritize workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
For more information, including CO Transparency details regarding compensation and benefits, please click here.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.