- Internal Services
- Kennett Square, PA
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham Financial specializes in the debt and derivatives markets with solutions that combine expert advisory with proprietary technology for a diverse global client base. We handle the highest volumes and largest breadth of engagements in our field, giving us unmatched perspective in helping clients understand and mitigate financial risk.
Delivering world-class service and support to our clients requires world-class operations that ensure a seamless experience and promote collaboration and connectivity within the organization. As we continue to see exciting growth across business lines, geographies, and internal support functions, transformation is front of mind across the organization.
Senior operations team members play a critical role in connecting stakeholders across the organization on initiatives that span multiple functional areas, and in driving operational risk mitigation. Directors on the team are utilized in a range of capacities, including internal consulting to strategize and structure complex cross-functional initiatives, maintaining an operational risk review and mitigation program, or temporarily embedding within a business team to lend expertise on operational best practices and implementation.
While team members often operate autonomously, the team is designed to leverage complementary skillsets and collaborate to ensure operational connectivity. Resource allocation is driven by the priorities of the business and the capabilities and capacity of the team. Specifically, we are looking for an individual who can undertake the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with program sponsors and stakeholders to structure, plan, and execute programs to meet organizational objectives and standards.
- Identify and manage program changes, risks, and issues.
- Provide regular program updates and reports for stakeholders.
- Bring an operational process orientation to company priorities, guiding, facilitating, and in some cases performing relevant operational process mapping, metrics design, implementations, and governance where needed.
- Manage a dynamic set of individual priorities, adapting to balance urgency of company needs, dependencies across initiatives, and team capacity.
- Effectively manage diverse stakeholders, influencing through alignment to company objectives, and creating an environment where ideas can be constructively challenged.
- Work with other program managers and stakeholders to effectively identify dependencies and manage cross-initiative risks and opportunities.
A candidate’s operational experience and effective collaboration are of primary importance to us. We seek out candidates who exhibit a proven ability to prioritize and drive improvements to systems, a strong client service orientation, and a desire to grow the capabilities of the teams being served to meet the company’s needs. For this role, we are specifically seeking candidates who have the following experience and skills:
- 5+ years of experience in senior management roles in operations and/or program management
- Strong problem-solving skill with a bias towards pragmatic and client-service oriented solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong track record of working with various levels of stakeholders, from subject matter experts to executives
- Strong experience in leadership, meeting facilitation, program change and risk management
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Strong track record of data-driven and methodical approaches to dealing with ambiguity; ability to distill and synthesize relevant information
- Aptitude and desire to learn about financial services / derivatives industry
- Availability to work in Chatham’s Kennett Square or Denver offices
- Experience in financial services
- Background in management consulting (client-facing) with an advisory firm
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1 trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.