Financial Models Analyst
- Finance & Operations
- Commensurate with experience.
- Paid Time Off, Private Healthcare Plan, Pension Scheme, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Models Mission Control is a sub-team of the larger Models Team. The focus of Models Mission Control is supporting Chatham's ongoing models and valuations services. The team is responsible for supporting ongoing delivery of client valuations and CVAs (credit valuation adjustments), by bringing together a practical knowledge of how our models work with best-fit market data to create accurate valuations for clients.
We are looking to hire on our team in London! As part of the cross-office team, the team members in London will be responsible for helping to support business users in our UK, EU, APAC, and US offices, and for supporting our daily valuations delivery cycle.
In this role you will:
- Understand and support third-party credit spread models to ensure credit data quality and answer client questions
- Perform quality assurance on financial models
- Work with market data providers to escalate issues and support existing market data products and relationships
- Act as first-tier support for incoming queries around models and valuations
- Ensure completion of processes that support the daily and monthly valuation process, possibly including volatility calibrations, manual valuations, and credit valuation adjustments, among others
- Manage and administer daily and monthly control reports for CVAs and commodities
- Work with the models development teams and product owners to support the models development process
- Work with the models platform manager and development teams to help prioritize and automate manual processes
In this role you will work to ensure completion of processes that support the daily and monthly valuation process. You will support clients and internal users of Chatham’s models by answering incoming queries around models and valuations. You will work with market data providers to escalate issues and support existing market data products and relationships. You will contribute to an environment of continuous improvement through incremental process change and optimization.
Contributors to your success:
- High attention to detail
- Project and stakeholder management skills
- A willingness to build and support new and existing processes
- Ability to learn and master the market data domain, including credit spreads, and how it integrates with Chatham's models
- Ability to utilize and/or learn tools like Excel, SQL, and programming frameworks like Python in order to do some lightweight tool-building as necessary
- Ability to build practitioner-level understanding of how Chatham's derivative models work, across all asset classes (interest rates, FX, and commodities) and CVA (credit valuation adjustment), while also understanding when to escalate deeper issues to development teams
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
Working at Chatham means tackling diverse projects and solving complex problems. Are you up for the challenge?
Discover why more than 3,500 clients worldwide count on Chatham to understand and manage their financial risk.