Information Security Summer Analyst (2022)
- University Graduates & Internships
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
Who is Chatham?
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day.
Chatham maintains an entrepreneurial culture that rewards teamwork and innovation. We seek individuals who are natural leaders, who have a desire and ability to learn quickly, and who add value to our culture. We’re committed to making a positive impact for our clients and markets, communities, and each other. That starts with hiring people who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and a desire for collaboration and leadership growth. And yes, we know for most creatives the word “financial” often conjures images of horror (e.g., suits and ties, cubicle farms, siloed teams, layers of creativity-killing bureaucracy). Don’t fret. Working here is a unique experience.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in reviewing existing and identifying additional Data Loss Prevention (DLP) control measures for data in emails, files, and cloud storage systems
- Review device, network, and system security logs, and associate suitable risk levels to prioritize follow-ups
- Draft and implement endpoint hardening control measures for corporate-owned devices
- Support internal security audits and reviews by working with stakeholders across the organization
- Coordinate security operations by ensuring that security policies and procedures are implemented and followed appropriately
- Support incident management activities, including incident response, coordination, communication, identifying and documenting indicators of compromise, reporting, and tracking after-action items
- Coordinate with third parties to request and maintain an updated repository of documents and information needed to conduct vendor risk management activities
- Assist with client requests for information and security assessments
- Assess IT architectures including cloud for security risks and provide recommendations based on best-practice standards
- Provide general support for all organizational security initiatives.
The candidate must be comfortable with some ambiguity, as your activities will vary based on the organization’s priorities.
You will have the opportunity to add value to the team and contribute to the work at Chatham through your assigned project. Your work will impact Chathamites, clients, and the community.
Contributors to your success:
- Work within and across teams
- Excellent communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of Process improvement techniques, and IT governance & controls
- Strong analytical skills for vetting issues, troubleshooting problems, and cross-team logistical challenges
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands
- Must be flexible and pragmatic about methods and processes and able to apply the model and approaches that fit best with the context
- Possess a general understanding of cyber security, risk management, and organizational security concepts and frameworks
- Familiarity and experience in Agile environments
- Organize and plan complex work, projects, and processes
- Adapt plans based on constant feedback and learning
This role is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement from our Kennett Square, PA campus.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate academic program with a graduation date of December 2022 or later.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.