HR Business Partner, Global Real Estate
- Human Resources
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. At Chatham, we provide employees with the tools and experiences they need to thrive and grow throughout their careers. Chatham offers a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have an immediate impact as you partner with talented subject matter experts to do excellent work, collaborate on meaningful projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers each and every day.
As a Human Resource Business Partner, you will provide leadership and direction to business leaders and employees concerning human resources activities and initiatives. This role, primarily focused on supporting our Global Real Estate team, will be an instrumental advisor and resource on talent management activities including employee relations, performance management, engagement, and development.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Serving as a coach and trusted advisor to business leaders on all aspects of talent management
- Executing on talent management strategies that support the growth of the business
- Acting as steward for attracting, developing, and retaining diverse talent in the organization
- Analyzing people data and recommend the best action steps for the business
- Supporting all employment activity including recruitment, development, job performance, investigations, disciplinary action, and other organizational processes
- Providing coaching and counseling to all levels of management on talent activities including career development, performance management, engagement, compensation, and employee relations
- Providing guidance to individual managers regarding managerial styles, skills, and performance
- Driving performance management program within the sectors, practices, and functions; including goal management, annual performance reviews, ongoing feedback loops and performance assessments
- Supporting the development of top talent by facilitating talent reviews, executing development programs, and educating the organization on talent best practices
- Presenting training programs in all areas of human resources functions
- Independently conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations performing root cause analysis, mitigating risk and developing plans that support positive outcomes in line with company values
- Providing coaching and counseling to managers and employees to resolve employee relations issues and conflict and to minimize legal risk in employment matters
- Informing and advising employees of the company policies and procedures
- Providing ongoing communication to employees at all levels concerning programs impacting employees
- Ensuring all employment processes are completed timely including but not limited to core people workflow, performance reviews, new hires, transfers, separations, maintenance of employee files, etc.
- Understanding, communicating, and ensuring compliance with all employment policies and procedures and any applicable laws
- Developing and maintaining in-depth, current knowledge and understanding of applicable wage and hour laws, local compensation issues, federal, state, and local laws and regulations and legislation affecting employment
- Serving as primary liaison between local and regional locations; creating and maintaining a close partner relationship with sector, practice, and functional management teams
- Working with internal and external legal counsel on employment issues including but not limited to at-risk terminations, subpoenas, and lawsuits as necessary
- Working collaboratively with all people teams including recruiting, learning & development, campus operations, total rewards, and regional HR partners
- Leading broader People team initiatives as determined
A successful individual will optimize our employees’ experience and provide leadership in shaping an inclusive culture, driving collaboration and building partnerships. This role has a high degree of collaboration across the organization, the broader People team as well as our legal and compliance team.
Contributors to your success:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Willingness and ability to travel Up to 30% (typically by airplane); Standard monthly travel required between our Kennett Square, PA and Denver, CO offices
- Human Resource certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ human resources experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a human resources business partner who resolved complex HR issues (including employee relations and investigations)
- Experience in mid-size (500+), global company preferred
- Proficiency in understanding and applying employment laws and regulations
- Commitment to role model Chatham values – Act with integrity & honesty, Respect each individual, Do excellent work, Work together, Build long-term relationships with passion and demonstrate those positively and proactively to Customers, employees, management and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
- Prior experience in Financial Services and technology industries preferred
- Demonstrated competence in all HR generalist functions, including employee relations, recruiting, development, and compensation
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Sound business acumen (financial, strategy, markets, competition) and the ability to establish credibility, trust, and partnership at all levels within an organization
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including ability to
- Strong initiative, creativity, and ability to think “out of the box”
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal/state employment laws and a solid understanding of general HR practices, laws and regulations required
- Results orientation with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize activities around established goals.
- Ability to work independently while working effectively as part of a team
- Good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions that is consistent with our values, policies, procedures, regulations, and government law
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service; proactively communicate and respond promptly to employee needs
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate and collaborate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel up to 30% (typically by airplane); standard monthly travel required to our Denver, CO office; quarterly travel to our London, UK office
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.