- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
The Corporates sector serves a wide range of companies from Fortune 100 multinationals to high-growth start-ups, across a wide range of industries. We offer our clients holistic financial risk management solutions for interest rate, currency, and commodities risk, including risk quantification, hedging strategy design, transaction execution, hedge accounting support, and technology solutions. The Corporates Deal team serves clients by partnering with them to identify their financial risks and ultimately mitigate those risks via execution of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives in the market. This role reports to the team leader of the Corporates Deal team, which consists of 8-10 members, including traders, transaction operations specialists, analysts, and regulatory support. The role may or may not have direct reports, depending on prior experience and level of interest.
In this role you will:
- Work with clients to understand interest rate risk, foreign currency (FX) risk, and commodity risk profiles
- Conduct analysis to identify and suggest risk mitigation strategies
- Manage trade execution process including counterparty management, trade negotiation, documentation management, and ultimately live trade execution
- Present internally and externally on financial market developments, current hedging strategies, and other relevant market information
- Partner with the client relationship management team to provide resources and market intelligence to support sales, scoping, and pricing processes
- Partner with the accounting team to ensure seamless coverage of pre- and post-trade activities to qualify for and apply hedge accounting treatment
- Contribute to processes that support data integrity controls and regulatory requirements
- Potentially manage 2-3 direct reports depending on prior experience
This role is key to connecting our clients to the market, both through the direct execution services we offer and the market expertise we bring to multiservice engagements. Our biggest competitive advantage in the Corporates sector is our integrated offering that combines tactical market knowledge with strategic and operational support from advisory and technology solutions. As an adviser to Chatham’s Corporate clients, you will have the opportunity to fulfill and expand upon Chatham’s reputation for exceptional client service.
Contributors to your success:
We seek individuals who will thrive in our culture and make a significant impact over the long term and have consistently demonstrated drive, determination, and substantial academic/professional accomplishment throughout their lives. A high level of intellectual curiosity, as well as the ability to build lasting relationships and improve processes, is required. Finally, we are looking for individuals who want to make a long-term commitment to Chatham. We make a large investment in each of our employees, and we hope that people will join us to be an integral part of our future growth and success. Specific requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in trading, finance, banking, or risk management
- MBA/Master’s degree in finance or related credentials (CFA, CPA, MAI) a plus, but not required
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate raw data into practical information
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Proven orientation towards collective team performance
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written); experience articulating solutions to a financial problem a plus
- Knowledge or experience with corporate treasury and capital structure considerations a plus, but not required
- Experience with hedge accounting, multiple asset classes (FX, rates, commodities), and operational hedging programs a plus, but not required
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, employees who are client facing or have frequent travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is a client-facing, and/or role requiring travel and requires vaccination.