- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
The Chatham Financial Institutions Sector is growing, and in turn, expanding its trading function. We are adding new clients every month, and given the growth, the team is looking to add a Hedging Analyst. The role is dynamic and fast-paced. The Hedging Analyst will gain a thorough understanding of derivative products and markets by focusing on pre- and post-trade activities. Learning takes place alongside experienced team members in an apprenticeship-style format.
In this role you will:
- Be trained on all aspects of interest rate hedging mechanics including basic products, hedge structuring, legal and documentation considerations, market dynamics, and Chatham auction management
- Be immersed in deal structuring and transaction execution to provide a very solid foundation in our operations
- Summarize and communicate key issues to internal stakeholders and clients
- Structure and model derivative transactions
- Assist with client and market research as well as preparation of client deliverables
- Accelerate training timeline
- Communicate directly with clients and dealers within weeks
Our goal is to develop people so that they can achieve greater responsibilities and have impact on those around them, clients, and teammates. This is an important role within the FI team and individuals that perform excellently will be highly valued team members. Career development opportunities involve managing complex processes and relationships with counterparty banks.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum 0 years’ experience, with applicable internship experience. While internship experience does not have to be in a finance-related field, directly applicable experience would be favorably considered.
- Directly applicable derivatives experience is a plus.
- Maturity, competence, and strong academics
- A degree in finance is not required, but quantitative aptitude and the ability to think critically are important.
- Organization skills
- Attention to detail and consistent accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to create, maintain, and improve highly effective processes
- A desire to work in a finance-related field
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.