- Client Advisory
- Commensurate with experience.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s Global Real Estate (GRE) sector is the market leader in financial risk management and capital optimization strategies for real estate owners and developers. Our independent advisory approach is supported by technology tools to help investors understand financial trade-offs and execute derivative strategies at the individual asset and portfolio level.
In this role you will:
- Be directly placed on a client service team
- Gain experience in debt and treasury advisory services across a number of markets including bank debt, private placements, and other capital market borrowing
- Summarize and communicate key issues to internal stakeholders and clients
- Assist with client and market research as well as preparation of client deliverables
- Participate in business development efforts by preparing and presenting pitches and tenders for new and prospective clients with Excel or other proprietary software
- Oversee and produce client deliverables such as reports, presentations, and briefings
- Conduct loan and derivative valuation and restructuring
- Support relationships with key intermediaries, lenders and investors and up to date market knowledge
The team assists organizations with a variety of treasury management and capital market advisory services. Members of these teams will implement strategies that leads to optimal financing outcomes, ultimately allowing these organisations to expand their social impact.
Sitting within GRE, our UK Social Housing team focuses on social infrastructure clients. This covers a number of industries including housing associations, social care, education providers as well as other charities and trusts. Many of these operate in regulated sectors and are primarily debt funded.
Our team helps clients ensure their funding portfolios fit the ambitions of their business plans and corporate strategies. We assist them with raising or refinancing debt, risk management and hedging, as well as providing general treasury advisory services.
We operate across a number of funding markets including banking, private placement and listed capital markets debt. This allows us to best tailor funding solutions to specific client needs and will provide applicants with exposure to a range of structures and markets. The team also work closely with the wider GRE platform on risk management, and applicants will gain exposure to the derivatives and other hedging products.
Contributors to your success
- Minimum 0 years’ experience, with applicable internship experience
- A desire to work in a debt and derivatives market
- Directly applicable capital markets experience is a plus
- Maturity, competence, and strong academics
- A degree in finance is not required, but quantitative aptitude and the ability to think critically are important
- Organization skills
- Attention to detail and consistent accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Orientation towards collective team performance
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.