Full Stack Software Developer I
- Software Development
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience
- Chatham Financial provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Our technology team is made up of a team of Software Engineers, Testers, DevOps Engineers, Security Engineers, UX Designers, Quants and DBAs. We build software for our clients that range across multiple sectors and industries as well as tools for our internal users to help them better serve our clients. Our team is a global team located in four different countries and multiple time zones. We interact daily with each other as well as our key business stakeholders to ensure quality and speedy delivery of our product offerings.
In this role you will:
- Develop cutting-edge financial applications; develop innovative, high-quality, and robust web applications and micro services as part of our growing application development team.
- Be a member of an agile scrum team that owns development of a specific product or platform.
- Collaborate with other software engineering teams, design team, quant team, product owners and managers, and business stakeholders.
- Develop software in our technology stack which is constantly evolving but currently includes .NET, ASP.NET, React, Angular, TypeScript, SQL Server, RabbitMQ and Redis.
- Build automated unit, integration and front-end tests using xUnit, Moq, NSubstitute and Cypress among other technologies.
- Implement the build, test, deploy development cycle in CI/CD pipelines using Docker, YAML, Gitlab CI, and Hashicorp Nomad
- Participate in Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend.
In this role, you will have direct impact on delivering products and solutions to help our clients analyze, account for and report on their financial risk. You will build tools to automate external or internal workflows to serve our clients across multiple sectors and directly contribute to revenue growth and support recurring revenue streams or streamline internal operations and processes to positively contribute to our bottom line. You will help to foster an inclusive culture where technical excellence, delivery and collaboration is encouraged.
Contributors to your success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Understanding of Unit testing, Test-Driven Development and mocking frameworks
- Understanding of REST principles, Service-oriented architecture, and API development
- Experience or interest with working in an agile environment
- Ability to demonstrate effective and open communication and collaboration
- Understanding of continuous delivery principles and processes
This role offers flexibility and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
For more information, including CO Transparency details regarding compensation and benefits, please click here.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.