Full Stack Software Developer
- Software Development
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Our technology team is made up of Software Engineers, Testers, DevOps Engineers, Security Engineers, UX Designers, Quants, and DBAs. We build software for our clients that range across multiple sectors and industries, as well as tools for our internal users to help them better serve our clients. Our team is a global team located in four different countries and multiple time zones. We interact daily with each other as well as our key business stakeholders to ensure quality and speedy delivery of our product offerings.
In this role you will:
- Develop cutting-edge financial applications; develop innovative, high-quality, and robust web applications and micro services as part of our growing application development team.
- Be a member of an agile scrum team that owns development of a specific product or platform.
- Collaborate with other software engineering teams, design team, quant team, product owners and managers, and business stakeholders.
- Develop software in our technology stack which is constantly evolving but currently includes .NET, ASP.NET, React, Angular, TypeScript, SQL Server, RabbitMQ, and Redis.
- Build automated unit, integration and front-end tests using xUnit, Moq, NSubstitute, Cypress and Playwright, among other frameworks.
- Implement the build, test, deploy development cycle in CI/CD pipelines using Docker, YAML, Gitlab CI, and Hashicorp Nomad.
- Participate in Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend.
In this role, you will have direct impact on delivering products and solutions to help our clients analyze, account for, and report on their financial risk. You will build tools to automate external or internal workflows to serve our clients across multiple sectors. You will directly contribute to revenue growth and support recurring revenue streams or streamline internal operations and processes to positively contribute to our bottom line. You will help to foster an inclusive culture where technical excellence, delivery, and collaboration are encouraged.
What we offer:
Chatham aims to support our employee’s livelihood with a range of benefits to support each individual’s career growth, financial security, and wellness (physical and mental).
- Comprehensive compensation package that includes rewards based on individual and company performance.
- Wellness benefits to support overall health, including private healthcare, 6 extra sick days that do not require a formal sick leave, life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing access to individualized counselling and support.
- MyBenefit cafeteria plan including multisport card
- Opportunities to support our local communities by giving 1% of our profits to charitable organizations and encouraging all employees to give 1% of their paid company time to community initiatives.
- Clean air in the office thanks to industry grade air filtration system.
- Onsite parking spots.
- English classes.
Finally, we embrace creativity and empower employee ideas through team collaboration and idea generation. As part of this, we host semi-annual Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch and develop new product concepts and technology improvements. It’s an opportunity not only for a break from the “day-to-day,” but also to have your ideas heard and given the chance to impact our company and clients.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum of 6 years of software development experience
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Understanding of Unit testing, Test-Driven Development, and mocking frameworks
- Understanding of continuous delivery principles and processes
- Understanding of REST principles, Service-oriented architecture, and API development
- Understanding of continuous delivery principles and processes
- Proclivity towards refactoring and continuously improving OO code through agile development methods.
- Open-source development projects.
- Contributions to the local developer community.
- Quantitative and modeling skills with an ability to learn techniques in numerical optimization, data mining, simulation, or model calibration.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Chatham strives to have a positive impact on everyone we serve, internally and externally, and around the world. To have the most impact and demonstrate our purposes & values, Chatham believes We Are Better Together. This role requires employees to work in the physical office, located in Krakow, Poland, full time. Employees can work remotely up to 24 days per calendar year, under the labor code). Exceptions to this policy are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and include those who fall into at least one of three protected categories established under the labor code.
Working at Chatham means tackling diverse projects and solving complex problems. Are you up for the challenge?
Discover why more than 3,500 clients worldwide count on Chatham to understand and manage their financial risk.