Full Stack Software Developer
- Software Development
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off."
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Our technology team is made up of a team of Software Engineers, Testers, DevOps Engineers, Security Engineers, UX Designers, Quantitative Analysts and Data Base Analysts. We build software for our clients that range across multiple sectors and industries as well as tools for our internal users to help them better serve our clients. Our team is a global team located in four different countries and multiple time zones. We interact daily with each other as well as our key business stakeholders to ensure quality and speedy delivery of our product offerings.
In this role you will:
- Develop cutting-edge financial applications; develop innovative, high-quality, and robust web applications and micro services as part of our growing application development team.
- Be a member of an agile scrum team that owns development of a specific product or platform.
- Collaborate with other software engineering teams, design team, quant team, product owners and managers, and business stakeholders.
- Develop software in our technology stack which is constantly evolving but currently includes .NET, ASP.NET, React, Angular, TypeScript, SQL Server, RabbitMQ and Redis.
- Build automated unit, integration and front-end tests using xUnit, Moq, NSubstitute and Cypress among other technologies.
- Implement the build, test, deploy development cycle in CI/CD pipelines using Docker, YAML, Gitlab CI, and Hashicorp Nomad
- Participate in Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend.
- You will have direct impact on delivering products and solutions to help our clients analyze, account for and report on their financial risk.
- You will build tools to automate external or internal workflows to serve our clients across multiple sectors and directly contribute to revenue growth and support recurring revenue streams or streamline internal operations and processes to positively contribute to our bottom line.
- You will help to foster an inclusive culture where technical excellence, delivery and collaboration is encouraged.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Understanding of Unit testing, Test-Driven Development and mocking frameworks
- Understanding of continuous delivery principles and processes
- Understanding of REST principles, Service-oriented architecture, and API development
- Proclivity towards refactoring and continuously improving OO code through agile development methods.
- Open-source development projects.
- Contributions to the local developer community.
- Quantitative and modeling skills with an ability to learn techniques in numerical optimization, data mining, simulation, or model calibration.
This role offers flexibility and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of close to 700 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit www.chathamfinancial.com.