Front End Developer
- Software Development
- Kennett Square, PA
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off."
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
The Design System team is a small group within the larger design team who streamline processes and create consistency around how we design and develop our products in addition to making visually pleasing, well-functioning, accessible interface designs with our engineer and UX partners. This team is made up of both designers and engineers, making them an important and knowledgeable resource during a project’s lifecycle.
In this role you will:
- Evolve Chatham’s Design System to enable consistent UI development and seamless collaboration between design and engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain performant web components for innovative financial software products.
- Transform wireframes and design mockups into functional UI components in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Ensure consistent integration of the Design System across all projects, collaborating closing with Design and Development teams.
- Validate cross-device compatibility and ensure applications’ performance on various devices.
- Enhance accessibility for all components, ensuring usability for users of assistive technologies.
- Document and share organizational best practices for front-end development
- Stay updated with the latest technology and best practices in web development, to push the Design System forward and ensure applications remain modern and secure.
- You will have a direct impact on delivering products and solutions to help our clients analyze, account for and report on their financial risk.
- You will play an important role in the evolution of our Design System by constructing the foundational blocks that expedite the development of our web applications, empowering teams to build efficiently and effectively.
- You will help to foster an inclusive culture where collaboration, continuous delivery, and technical excellence are encouraged.
Contributors to your success:
- Technical writing and documentation
- Web standards such as W3 Custom Elements, Shadow DOMs, Mutation Observers, and slots
- WAI-ARIA and accessible design patterns
- Unit testing, Test-Driven Development, and mocking frameworks Continuous delivery principles and processes
- Understanding of functional programming concepts
- Proclivity towards refactoring and continuously improving functional code through agile development methods.
- Open-source projects and contributions to the local developer community.
This role offers flexibility and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement, local to Kennett Square, PA.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.