Financial Risk Analyst
- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
The Chatham Financial Institutions Sector is growing, and in turn, expanding its trading function. We are adding new clients every month, and given the growth, the team is looking to add a Financial Risk Analyst. The role is dynamic and fast-paced. The Financial Risk Analyst will gain a thorough understanding of derivative products and markets by focusing on pre- and post-trade activities. Learning takes place alongside experienced team members in an apprenticeship-style format.
In this role you will:
- Be trained on all aspects of interest rate hedging mechanics including basic products, hedge structuring, legal and documentation considerations, market dynamics, and Chatham auction management
- Be immersed in deal structuring and transaction execution to provide a very solid foundation in our operations
- Execute trading of interest rate derivatives, such as swaps and caps, on behalf of clients to hedge client exposure to interest rate risk
- Manually build trade structures in Microsoft Excel as requested by clients
- Coordinate trade documentation with clients and dealer banks from pre-trade discussions through trade execution and completion.
- Summarize and communicate key issues relating to trades to internal stakeholders and clients
- Structure and model derivative transactions
- Assist with client and market research as well as preparation of client deliverables
Our goal is to develop people so that they can achieve greater responsibilities and have impact on those around them, clients, and teammates. This is an important role within the FI team and individuals that perform excellently will be highly valued team members. Career development opportunities involve managing complex processes and relationships with counterparty banks.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum 0 years’ experience, with applicable internship experience. While internship experience does not have to be in a finance-related field, directly applicable experience would be favorably considered.
- Directly applicable experience with swap derivatives is a plus.
- A degree in finance is not required, but quantitative aptitude and the ability to think critically are important.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Strong understanding of interest rate markets
- Attention to detail and consistent accuracy
- The ability to create, maintain, and improve highly effective processes
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.