Director - Valuation, Reporting & Analytics
- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham Financials' Global Real Estate (“GRE”) sector solves real estate investors' capital markets problems and brings efficiency and innovation to the changing global landscape through unique offerings including interest rate hedging, capital advisory, defeasance and prepayment, debt management, accounting services and valuation.
Within Chatham’s Valuation, Reporting and Analytics practice, team members are responsible for collaborating in understanding our current clients and exceeding their expectations, understanding the drivers of the solutions we provide, continuous development of exceptional processes, market expertise and products and in building both internal and external support for the practice.
As a Director of Valuations specializing in institutional real estate clients, your primary responsibility will be to manage the delivery of solutions to meet the needs of our clients. You will be responsible for providing expert and tangible solutions in areas such as valuation, debt management and consulting services with a focus on enabling clients to more confidently assess risk, manage investments and report financials.
You will work closely with our clients to understand the markets they are invested in, their investment and financing strategies and other factors that may impact the solutions we provide. In addition to understanding our clients you will also be responsible for monitoring market trends and industry best practices, maintaining strong relationships with our clients, providing ongoing support, and ensuring that we are delivering the highest level of service possible.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in real estate investment management or a related field, with expertise in areas such as valuation, asset management, debt management, debt capital markets, or consulting services. They will also have exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to conduct detailed financial analysis and modeling. A preference will be given to candidates who also have proficiency and experience utilizing tools such Python, SQL or R. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are also essential, as this position will require communication with clients, team members and other stakeholders.
- Manage the delivery of solutions for institutional real estate clients. This may include property, debt or derivative valuations, debt management or covenant compliance or related analytical consulting.
- Review and extract information from various types of real estate source documents such as loan agreements and promissory notes, leases and rent rolls, income and expense statements, capital expenditure reports and balance sheets.
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure the accuracy and completeness of data and analysis and identify and resolve any discrepancies or errors.
- Work closely with clients to understand their investment and financing strategies, the markets they are invested in, and other factors that may impact the solutions we provide.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients, providing ongoing support and ensuring that we are delivering the highest level of service possible.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and procedures and apply this knowledge to improve the services we provide.
- Collaborate with team members and other stakeholders to ensure that projects and deliverables are completed on time and the satisfaction of clients.
- Communicate effectively with clients, team members, and other stakeholders, using strong verbal and written communication skills to convey complex ideas and information.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, real estate, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience working with institutional real estate or clients.
- Expertise in valuation, debt capital markets or consulting services.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to conduct detailed financial analysis and modeling.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to create and maintain complex financial models, analyze data and present insights.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey complex ideas and information to clients, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to review and extract information from various types of real estate source documents.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage resources effectively.
- Knowledge of real estate markets and industry trends, and a willingness to stay up to date with changes and developments in the field.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Python, SQL or R is a plus.
- Professional certifications such as CFA, CPA, or MAI are a plus.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1 trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.