Director of Talent Development
- Human Resources
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with Experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
The Director of Talent Development leads our talent acquisition and development programs focused on increasing organizational effectiveness, and our overall competitive advantage and is responsible for the management and execution of strategic and day-to-day recruiting and development initiatives. As a trusted advisor, this individual will partner with the leadership team to design and deliver an effective recruitment strategy as well as identify, develop, and implement effective talent development programs that will accelerate the growth of our employees. This leadership position will provide hands-on, collaborative management with a high emphasis on developing the team and process effectiveness.
In this role you will:
- Lead, mentor, and coach team members by inspiring and encouraging continued growth and development.
- Serve as a key member of the HR leadership team. Play an active role in supporting an integrated, best-in-class people strategy. Work closely with HR colleagues to ensure cross-HR strategies, initiatives and communications are seamlessly and efficiently delivered.
- Ensure alignment of talent acquisition, training, and development strategies with Chatham’s strategic and strategic and business goals.
- Partner with sectors, practices, and functions to understand workforce needs and provide guidance on how to plan, scale and develop teams effectively to support future growth
- Design, develop and execute talent acquisition and development strategies that consistently deliver and develop the talent needed to grow the business and ensures a positive experience
- Manage and/or facilitate instructor-led training which employs adult learning principles to increase attendee engagement and address different learning styles, inclusive of the design of training, facilitator guides, course materials, assessment tools, communications etc.
- Collaborate with team to design and implement external candidate marketing and proactive recruiting programs and processes that build a strong employer brand for attracting, selecting, and retaining a qualified, diverse workforce with agility to build pipelines that meet future workforce needs.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define learning needs, make recommendations, and deploy solutions that support career development programs.
- Collaborate with learning and development and HRBPs to design and deliver innovative tools, engaging learning, change and leadership development experiences from core to function-specific programs.
- Design and deliver content concisely and connect learners to internal and external experts.
- Manage effective implementation and use of Learning Management (LMS) and enhance Applicant Tracking (ATS) technology
- Establish and maintain metrics to evaluate impact and consistently meet the agreed-upon targets; collaborate on completion of annual compliance reporting related to recruiting.
- Drive continuous process improvement to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform and/or support other initiatives and projects as required.
Contributors to your success:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience in Talent Management, Human Resources, or a related field with a strong focus on recruiting, learning and development
- Global recruiting and learning experience preferred
- Experience bringing people-first approach to recruiting and learning processes and programs; demonstrated inclusive and globally aware mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication, interviewing, presentation, and facilitation skills; intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of identifying and implementing an LMS preferred
- Stakeholder management, building relationships with ability to collaborate and consult with HR business partners, internal and external subject matter experts, learning partners and business leaders: ability to influence, adapt and lead through ambiguity and change in a dynamic growth environment
- Experience utilizing multiple principles, tools, and delivery methods within the following disciplines: organizational effectiveness, change leadership, organizational design, and learning and development
- A strong, results-oriented, motivating leader who contributes at a strategic level while also willing to jump in and help at a grass roots level where necessary. Strong analytical and strategic skills. Intellectually curious. Provides innovative solutions to complex challenges. Creative problem solver.
- Occasional travel to other global company locations as required
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting.
- FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending, and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
- OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting to short distances.
- VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
- HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.