Director of Derivative Sales, Financial Institutions Group
- Business Development
- Denver, CO
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s Financial Institutions Sector is growing its business development and sales efforts by expanding its business development team. The opportunities to make an impact are extensive in this rapidly growing function. This includes identifying prospective clients, organizing meetings with prospects and market influencers, attending industry events, effectively conveying Chatham’s value proposition, closing new client engagements, and helping to expand some existing client relationships.
In this role you will:
- Drive new revenue in a specific geography by calling activity, new client, and new service engagement targets to be determined
- Lead a team-based selling process by fully utilizing Chatham’s subject matter experts
- Develop and execute a business plan for your sales territory
- Maintain and develop relationships with market influencers and trade associations
- Maintain sales activities within the Salesforce tool
- Leverage other sales efficiency tools
- Support local and national marketing events with pre-event outreach and post-event follow-up
- Support Financial Institution sector initiatives where needed
- Provide market feedback to include trends, competitors, opportunities, product enhancements, other threats
You will bring broad experience typically found performing business development/sales in a consulting firm for financial services. You will build market awareness of Chatham and the Company’s capabilities by developing referral sources such as audit firms, legal firms, other advisory firms, state banking associations, national trade associations, and other market constituents.
Contributors to your success:
- A minimum of 3 years of sales experience
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience working with financial institutions selling and delivering capital markets and treasury solutions
- A strong understanding of commercial banking with knowledge of both lending and treasury functions
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter defined by drive and persistence
- Work within a team environment collaborating with subject matter experts and product managers to deliver solutions
- Ability to travel (expect to travel up to 50% of the time)
- Knowledge or experience working with derivatives preferred
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries worldwide by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.