Director, Asset Valuations (EMEA & APAC)
- Client Advisory
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated individual to join our Valuation, Reporting, and Analytics team (“VRA”) within our Global Real Estate practice. As a Director of Asset Valuation, you will play a pivotal role in developing Chatham’s asset valuation services across EMEA and APAC. The position will require valuation of various asset types across jurisdictions, ensuring compliance with international standards, and preparation of client-facing deliverables.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Perform and oversee the valuation of commercial real estate assets across Europe and APAC.
- Contribute to strategic decision-making processes within VRA team.
- Liaise with international clients and stakeholders, providing expert advice and insights.
- Lead and manage a team of professionals, fostering an environment of learning and development.
- Ensure adherence to the highest standards of quality and ethical practice in all valuation and advisory services.
In this role, you will contribute to Chatham’s purpose of Impacting Clients. As an organization dedicated to exceptional client service, we strive to exceed client expectations with our responsiveness, availability, and expertise. You will interact directly with some of the largest and most sophisticated investors in commercial real estate. Your expertise will help us understand our clients' valuation needs and continuously improve our product. You will help us achieve our mission of facilitating transparency and confidence in the valuation of institutional real estate investments.
Contributors to your success:
- 10+ years working experience valuing institutional commercial real estate in EMEA or APAC.
- RICS Chartered Surveyor or equivalent professional qualification.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in team management and development.
- Deep understanding of real estate market dynamics and trends, as well as different real estate valuation methodologies including traditional valuation and discounted cash flow.
- Knowledge of the best market data sources and an existing network within the institutional real estate community in EMEA and/or APAC.
- Ability to leverage technology in valuation services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency in additional languages being advantageous.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to create and maintain complex financial models, analyze data and present insights, as well as Argus Enterprise.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to review and extract information from various types of real estate source documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, real estate, or a related field.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Comprehensive training programs and professional development opportunities.
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Opportunities to work with global industry leaders and innovate in the real assets market.
- Chance to make a significant impact on our clients and contribute to the growth of the team.
- Chatham Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000+ companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.