Debt Management Operations Specialist
- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We are looking to expand our Debt Management Operations team (ChathamDirect for Debt Management or “CDM”) in our Global Real Estate practice. Demand for this service is growing rapidly and we’re looking for individuals who can help us onboard new clients and service existing clients. CDM is a proprietary, web-based solution enabling comprehensive organization, management, and reporting of our clients' commercial real estate debt instruments and portfolios. Each client is supported by a team of Debt Management specialists throughout the lifespan of the engagement. It is our desire to see every Chatham team member grow into a greater range of responsibilities and depth of expertise over time. Our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive training program that will serve as the foundation that allows you to assume greater responsibility and positively impact clients and your teammates.
In this role you will:
- Review legal loan documentation, extract pertinent economic information to ultimately model loan cash flow schedules
- Support existing clients with portfolios ranging from a few dozen loans to over 2,000 debt instruments
- Partner and consult with newly engaged clients to advise on CDM tailoring
- Serve as Project Manager with newly engaged clients for debt portfolio onboarding projects, including establishing ongoing workflow best practices
- Ensure that all loan details are accurate and complete using fundamental data management skills
- Translate client requests from their internal naming conventions to those used internally and provide clear communication back to the client
- Update existing debt portfolios (Refinances, Amendments, Extensions, etc.)
- Reconcile loan balances with other client systems on a monthly/quarterly cycle
- Provide training for new CDM Users
- Serve as CDM subject matter expert to solve ongoing/changing and challenging client requests
- Be supported throughout your tenure by a knowledgeable and generous team
- Develop a solid perspective in debt capital markets and the factors that dictate decisions in commercial real estate
When bringing a new CDM client into Chatham, you will serve as a “financial detective” and work directly with clients to understand their overall goals and aspirations of the CDM engagement. You’ll undertake client-facing activities including introducing our debt management system's value proposition to prospective clients, supporting a focused approach to the development of client relationships as well as organizing and leading training sessions. Often clients’ data resides in disparate systems, spreadsheets and notebooks across their company. Our clients appreciate that we can manage and centralize their loan information in one place while also providing decentralized access. The picture of a client’s balance sheet is dynamic as they refinance existing loans, issue new debt, make new investments, or prepay existing loans. Therefore, we need to develop ongoing relationships and efficient workflows with clients to ensure that the data in CDM remains consistent, up-to-date, and can serve as a system of record.
Contributors to your success:
- Bachelor’s degree with a background in finance, economics, or paralegal experience is a plus
- Capacity for meticulous detail-oriented work while understanding how that work better serves clients
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Deep intellectual curiosity
- Effective written and oral communication
- Ability to organize, prioritize and re-prioritize with daily inflow
- Desire for evolving and growing responsibilities
- Exceptional ability to think logically and conceptually
- Strong client service orientation
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Outstanding academic and/or professional accomplishments
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.