Data Quality Specialist
- Hedging Operations
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We seek to enhance our Controls and Data Integrity team with a role specializing in data quality for interest rate, currency, and commodity transactions. The role is part of our global central operations group charged with ensuring the accuracy and reliability of Chatham’s transaction, market, and valuation data.
In this role you will:
The purpose of the role is to ensure all transaction details are in Chatham’s systems accurately and as agreed upon at execution. Data entry errors can have significant consequences to the economics of the transaction or to their accounting treatment, and it is therefore critical that team members understand transaction-related market conventions, payments, and valuations. This role will provide support for transactions executed by Chatham’s real estate, private equity, corporate, and financial institutions sectors. We expect primary responsibilities to include:
- Transaction and data review
- Work as part of the larger team to check the data entry on transactions as they are executed
- Verify calculation amounts and build payment schedules
- Develop an understanding of the underlying transactions in order to identify loading errors
- Check daily control reports to monitor unusual movements in transaction valuations and market data
- Assist with data clean-up related transaction data and Client Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Communicate and coordinate across other internal teams and with clients
- Interact with sector team members to verify/clarify data, as needed
- Work with internal models, analytics, and technology teams to resolve issues
- Play an active role in liaising between the business and technical teams
- Check and send out monthly valuation reports to clients
- Develop and share subject matter expertise
- Take part in the training of new Chatham employees on sector teams
- Serve as an integral member of ad hoc project teams to improve processes, solve problems, and provide insight from a data quality perspective
- Develop SQL skills and help create database queries
- The role may also include opportunities to contribute to the team in other capacities as interests and team needs align.
Our team works in partnership with Chatham’s sector advisory teams and clients to help them efficiently navigate the data quality, operational, and regulatory compliance aspects of a transaction. We strive to continually improve the workflows we are responsible for and have the chance to do so by implementing process changes and/or leveraging supporting technology. Team members play a crucial role in these process improvements and serve as subject matter experts, providing regular training and resources for all Chatham teams.
Contributors to your success:
- 2 years of experience working in operations or data quality may be beneficial but is not required
- An interest in data quality, data management, and process improvement
- Comfort with basic math skills and use of Microsoft Excel
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Ability to multitask and independently prioritize workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work extra/non-standard hours around month- and quarter-ends to support critical business processes
- Experience with VBA and SQL are beneficial, but not necessary
We seek individuals that will thrive in our culture and can make a significant impact over the long term. Most of our team members do not come to Chatham with a deep understanding of derivatives; therefore, we conduct classroom and apprentice-style training. We look for people who have consistently demonstrated drive, determination, and academic/professional accomplishment throughout their lives. We invest a great deal of time and training with our employees and we are looking for individuals who want to make a long-term commitment to the company.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Working at Chatham means tackling diverse projects and solving complex problems. Are you up for the challenge?
Discover why more than 3,500 clients worldwide count on Chatham to understand and manage their financial risk.