- Denver, CO
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s legal team is seeking an experienced attorney to review, draft and negotiate a constant stream of complex, commercial contracts, including SaaS licensing agreements, advisory service contracts, data protection agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
In this role you will:
- Identify terms that vary from corporate standards to ensure accuracy and compliance, recommend appropriate modifications, engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders in the sales, finance, marketing, product, operations teams, and other internal teams as may be required.
- Quickly understand the business objectives and risk tolerance, identify legal or contractual issues, communicate those issues both internally and externally, and perform a risk/benefit analysis.
- Ability to devise legal solutions to business objectives which reduce risk and costs.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential risk within the organization, and to develop and implement appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Escalate legal and contractual issues and terms within the company as may be required.
- Guide the internal document review process, ensuring reviews are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Interact effectively and comfortably with all levels of management within the business.
- Absorb information quickly and produce accurate work product in a timely manner.
- Assist with initiatives to strengthen the legal department and business operations through systems improvements and the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes, and procedures.
You will have the opportunity to assist with initiatives to strengthen the legal department and business operations through systems improvements and the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes, and procedures. You will guide the internal document review process, ensuring reviews are completed efficiently and effectively. You will collaborate, build relationships across the business and work effectively together to solve problems.
Contributors to your success:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Tactful with strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to solve problems and utilize good business judgment
- Detail oriented, well organized, and technically-adept
- Ability to build relationships across the business and work effectively together to solve problems
- High degree of self-sufficiency, while still being collaborative
- Experience working with data privacy and security matters is a plus
- Experience in software and information technology transactions is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com, DocuSign, MS Office and contract management systems are a plus
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.