- Commensurate with experience.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s compliance team in London is looking to hire an analyst to assist the company’s “Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer” (CMLRO) with various compliance-related matters.
In this role you will:
Gain valuable experience in various aspects of financial services compliance by:
- Conducting and documenting CDD / KYC checks on the company’s clients in accordance with the company’s AML/CTF policies and procedures.
- Identifying and assessing any emerging AML/CTF-related risks and promptly escalating them to the CMLRO.
- Analysing, escalating and resolving sanctions, PEPs and adverse media screening alerts.
- Populating the company’s document management system with client agreements, noting material contractual terms for the wider team’s awareness.
- Assisting with the company’s regulatory filings.
- Contributing to the design, development, implementation and assessment of new and existing policies and procedures.
- Summarising and communicating compliance-related issues to internal stakeholders under the guidance of the CMLRO.
- Researching applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidance and interpreting their current or potential impact on the company.
- Developing and maintaining a broad knowledge of the company’s business and regulatory framework.
- Keeping abreast of applicable laws, rules, regulatory developments and trends.
Our goal is to develop people so that they can achieve greater responsibilities and have a positive impact on colleagues and third parties. Career development opportunities include a deep understanding of the financial services compliance environment and an exposure to a wide range of legal documentation.
Contributors to your success:
- University degree in Finance, Business or Law is advantageous, but not mandatory.
- Experience in a regulated environment (e.g., financial services or other related industry).
- Demonstrable knowledge of the UK’s financial services environment.
- Maturity, discretion, honesty and integrity.
- Critical thinker with organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ambitious, curious, takes the initiative with a passion for learning, solving problems and optimising processes.
- Strong verbal, written, communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to build effective relationships with other teams.
- Attention to detail and consistent accuracy.
- Self-driven but able to work in a team.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit www.chathamfinancial.com