Commodity Risk Management Advisor
- Client Advisory
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate upon experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We are currently looking for a Commodity Risk Management Advisor to join our Corporates Group. A successful candidate will be able to communicate commodity hedging strategies to clients, quantitatively understand both physical and financial markets, and work in a collaborative team environment. While the role is US-based and centers on domestic markets, the commodities team also serves many of our global clients operating internationally.
In this role you will:
- Interact with clients and internal analysts in determining and implementing appropriate risk management strategies
- Apply numerical analysis coupled with market knowledge
- Test alternative hedging strategies
- Communicate decision framework as well as recommendations
- Execute derivatives with counterparties on behalf of our clients
- Price indicative trades and work with client
- Prepare term sheets and trade recommendations
- Negotiate and perform competitive auctions with counterparty banks
- Follow through with documentation and reporting
- Build long-term relationships with colleagues and clients
- Respond to ad hoc requests for analysis, market research, and commentary
- Support growth of the commodity risk management practice, including development of product offerings and expertise to meet market needs
In this role, you will interact with clients and internal analysts in determining and implementing appropriate risk management strategies. You will assist with structuring and executing commodities transactions. You will communicate commodity hedging strategies to clients, quantitatively understand both physical and financial markets, and work in a collaborative team environment.
Contributors to your success:
- Strong commodities expertise is central to this role, with 5-8 years of experience in structuring and executing commodities transactions
- Experience in advising, consulting and/or trading some combination of crude, heating oil, natural gas, base metals, US steel, agricultural indices, and/or energy
- Experience with OTC derivative hedging counterparties
- Solid quantitative skills - a candidate must have a fundamental quantitative ability in order to learn and excel in our business
- Experience in implementing hedging solutions for commodity risks as well as experience with risk management and/or trading platforms (e.g., Bloomberg, Super-Derivatives, etc.)
- Experience with coordinating counterparty onboarding and documentation to support client trading readiness
- Relationship management skills
- Innovative problem solving ability
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize/manage time and multi-task when needed
- Strong desire to provide exceptional service in any task
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills including: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline: finance, economics, mathematics, or engineering
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.