- Internal Services
- Kennett Square, PA
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We’re seeking a skilled food services professional with a heart for hospitality to create a great experience for colleagues in our café spaces. As a member of the Experience team, you’ll provide the fuel that enables your co-workers to do their jobs well and helps everyone enjoy being at work. Through excellent customer service, long-term relationship building, and detail-oriented planning, you’ll make an immediate impact on the company. Multi-tasking, communicating effectively, and jumping in as a team player will be essential to your success. This position is a full-time role (40 hours per week).
What you’ll do:
- Provide a welcoming environment of hospitality for colleagues
- Execute daily café lunch service, including food ordering, food preparation, buffet setup and cleanup, and assisting with payment processing via payroll deduction system
- Maintain inventory for all consumable and non-consumable products, including coffee, snacks, and paper products
- Participate in required meetings to plan and report on issues related to café service
- Assist with planning meal calendars based on budget, frequency, and variety
- Contribute creative ideas to provide tasty alternatives to colleagues while applying health-conscious food choices
- Collaborate with the Experience team and others to provide food service on campus for events or meetings
- Assisting in stocking snack, beverage and coffee stations located throughout campus
The Café Associate is an important part of achieving Chatham’s third purpose of impacting your colleagues by ensuring that employees have convenient and delicious food and drink available to them. In providing a high-quality hospitality experience, you have daily opportunities to add positivity to the workplace. By extension, doing your part in supporting your colleagues goes on to make a difference in our other purposes of impacting markets, clients, and the community. This role has far-reaching impact in demonstrating our values of doing excellent work, working together, and forming long-term relationships.
Contributors to your success:
Required skills and abilities
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Flexible, friendly and professional disposition
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize work; excellent time management
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate well with others
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to be “hands on” for day-to-day tasks as a team player
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with vendors and colleagues
- Experience with Microsoft software: Excel for budgeting and planning; Word and Outlook for communication
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
Education and experience
- Food preparation and restaurant supervisory experience
- Food service safety certification preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of nutritional food concepts
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1 trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.