Associate Director, Valuation
- Client Advisory
- Denver, CO
- $100,000 - $140,000 Base
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham Financial's Global Real Estate (“GRE”) sector solves real estate investors' capital markets problems and brings efficiency and innovation to the changing global landscape through unique offerings including interest rate hedging, capital advisory, defeasance and prepayment, debt management, accounting services and valuation. As part of Chatham's GRE sector, the Valuation Practice’s mission is to facilitate transparency and confidence in the valuation of institutional real estate investments. The team works with many of the largest real estate investment managers in the world by providing independence, expertise, and clarity to fair value measurements.
Within Chatham’s valuation practice, team members are responsible for collaborating together in understanding our current clients and exceeding their expectations, understanding the drivers of valuation services, continuous development of exceptional processes, market expertise and products and in building both internal and external support for the practice.
In this role you will:
- Meaningfully contribute to the development of exceptional processes, market expertise, and valuation products with a particular focus on private debt markets.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with clients. Build trust through meaningful communication, understanding market needs and exceeding client expectations.
- Develop relationships with relevant industry organizations and participate in conferences, content development and business development activities.
- Produce and deliver meaningful and accurate valuation products.
- Communicate valuation results clearly and supported by market research. Answer client questions as they arise.
- Develop market-sourced valuation inputs and understand the drivers of valuation conclusions.
- Assist in building both internal and external support for the valuation practice.
In this role, you will contribute to Chatham’s purpose of Impacting Clients. As an organization dedicated to exceptional client service, we strive to exceed client expectations with our responsiveness, availability, and expertise You will interact directly with some of the largest and most sophisticated investors in commercial real estate. Your expertise will help us understand our clients' valuation needs and continuously improve our product. You will help us achieve our mission of facilitating transparency and confidence in the valuation of institutional real estate investments.
Contributors to your success:
- 5 years of relevant industry experience in finance, valuation, consulting, commercial real estate investment, or accounting is required
- A minimum of 2 years working for a private debt fund or similar investment structure is strongly preferred
- Knowledge or experience with real estate and debt valuation techniques and methodologies; experience with complex financing structures such as CMBS, tax-increment financing, mezzanine and participating mortgages a plus
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- The ability to work with large amounts of data and understand causal relationships, attention to detail in both inputs and outputs, and experience with statistical analysis and financial modeling in Excel
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Proven orientation towards collective team performance
- Ability to travel up to 20%
For more information, including CO Transparency details regarding compensation and benefits, please click here.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.