Associate Director, FX Advisory
- Client Advisory
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s Global Real Estate (GRE) sector is the market leader in financial risk management and capital optimization strategies for real estate owners and developers. Our independent advisory approach is supported by technology tools to help investors understand financial trade-offs and execute derivative strategies at the individual asset and portfolio level.
The successful candidate will be part of the FX Advisory Team, and will contribute to the advice, client relationship management and business development for Chatham Financial Europe Team. You will quickly become involved with client relationship management and business development for the team. You should be familiar with a broad range of FX products including derivatives.
In this role you will:
- Ownership and management of a client portfolio and strategic projects; responsible for All ongoing trade executions, pipeline and WIP management
- Develop and manage relationships with senior bankers, relevant industry organizations and participate in sector forums, content development, and business development activities.
- Develop new areas of business for Chatham Financial Europe; generate strategically significant client relationships.
- Meaningfully contribute to the development of exceptional processes, market expertise, and FX hedge execution
- Develop and supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and guidance to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Communicate effectively and regularly with clients. Build trust through meaningful communication, understanding market needs, and exceeding client expectations.
- Responsible for CRM/Focalpoint data being accurate
Our goal is to develop people so that they can achieve greater responsibilities and have impact on those around them, clients, and teammates. Our current opportunities lie within our emerging and rapidly developing service offerings, allowing a successful candidate to drive the entire lifecycle of these services. Career development opportunities include deep technical expertise in derivatives, client advisory and service delivery, product development, and strategic initiatives.
Contributors to your success
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in FX trading from banking or related industries
- Knowledge of the ‘Funds’ and general corporate market and the issues they face around risk management for FX
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of the FX market, including fundamental economic and political indicators
- Graduate of an accredited Bachelors or Masters program. A degree in finance is not required, but quantitative aptitude and the ability to think critically are important.
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to present to senior level executives and client boards through client pitches and mandate execution.
- Communication and collaboration – speak and write clearly and confidently, listening with an emphatic and open mind
- Articulate presentation of analysis
- Negotiation and influencing – ability to prioritise, understand, think creatively
- Strong commercial acumen
- Self-starter, target driven and motivated
- Collaborative and creative team player with drive for innovation and continuous improvement of systems, processes, and tools
- FCA registered (pre-existing)
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1 trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.