Associate Director, Debt and Capital Markets Advisory
- Client Advisory
- commensurate with experience
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
The Social Housing team provides debt advisory and capital market services, treasury advice, funding advice and general market analysis to clients in the social infrastructure sector: housing associations, social care, higher education. Our independent advisory approach is supported by technology tools to help investors understand financial trade-offs and execute strategies at the individual asset and portfolio level. The candidate will also have the opportunity to work on cross-sector mandates within the firm.
In this role you will:
- Lead and coordinate debt and capital market advisory services for a portfolio of Housing Association clients
- Manage debt advisory mandates (bank debt, private placements, and other capital market borrowing)
- Participate in business development efforts by preparing and presenting pitches and tenders for new and prospective clients
- with Excel or other proprietary software
- Oversee and produce client deliverables such as reports, presentations, and briefings
- Conduct loan and derivative valuation and restructuring
- Maintain relationships with key intermediaries, lenders and investors and up to date market knowledge
The Social housing team assists Social infrastructure organisations with a variety of treasury management and capital market advisory services. Members of these teams will implement strategies that leads to optimal financing outcomes, ultimately allowing these organisations the ability to develop more social and affordable housing.
Contributors to your success
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a treasury, capital markets, debt advisory, accounting or corporate finance environment. The level of this role will depend on the amount of past relevant experience and skills.
- Graduate of an accredited Bachelors or Masters program. A degree in finance is not required, but quantitative aptitude and the ability to think critically are important.
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to present to senior level executives and client boards through client pitches and mandate execution
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong modelling skills and familiarity of project finance, cash flow, Net Present Value (NPV) and treasury modelling
- Knowledge of the used across social infrastructure, and the relevant regulations
- Ability to manage complex projects and transactions in dynamic environments with a fluid set of demands
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.