Analyst - Corporate Finance Advisory (2022 Graduates)
- University Graduates & Internships
- Kennett Square, PA
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of nearly 700 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day.
Chatham Financial is a unique global financial services provider that takes a creative and holistic approach to developing our team members. We invest in creating a culture that is defined by professional growth, collaboration, and opportunity. As our most valuable assets, Chatham’s team members are rewarded with the opportunity to work with an incredible range of clients and consult on complex and exciting financial problems.
Role Opportunity – Corporate Finance Advisory
The Corporates sector advises and serves clients ranging from small, family-owned firms to the Fortune 10 on financial risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodities. The Corporates sector assists organizations as they design, implement, and operate hedging strategies through advisory, operational, and technology-specific offerings. The Corporates sector training approach utilizes an 18 to 24 month rotational program where analysts will have the opportunity to spend time on a variety of different teams to gain a breadth of experiences across the sector before being permanently placed on one of those teams.
Rotational areas for Corporate Analysts include: Hedging Advisory/Trading, Treasury Advisory Consulting, Hedge Accounting, Business Development/Client Relationship Management, ChathamDirect for Treasury Risk Management (technology), and Marketing.
While the specific responsibilities of an Analyst vary based on their current rotation or placement, here are some examples of responsibilities managed across our current Analysts:
- Conduct detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis of client interest rate and foreign exchange exposures
- Support deal managers in structuring, pricing, executing, and communicating transactions
- Work directly with clients in onboarding their company’s financial portfolios into our technology platform
- Organize contracts and provide support to consulting engagements in order to streamline internal success
- Support independent debt valuation models, research, and reporting
- Conduct market research and prepare client presentations
- Assist in preparation of month-end accounting deliverables for clients
Travel requirements will vary depending on home office and any scheduled rotations. Other travel responsibilities could entail being onsite at client offices or travel to other Chatham offices to support internal initiatives, usually for a week or two at a time, with opportunities for longer stints possibly available. Because each rotation is flexible and each placement may have unique needs, please let Chatham know if you have any limitations on your ability to spend time outside of your home office.
Chatham maintains an entrepreneurial culture that rewards teamwork and innovation. We seek individuals who are natural leaders, who have a desire and ability to learn quickly, and who fit our culture.
The team members that thrive consistently at Chatham tend to display the following attributes:
- Quantitative skills: the ability to work with large amounts of data and understand causal relationships, attention to detail in both inputs and outputs, experience with statistical analysis and financial modeling a plus
- Communication skills: the ability to communicate complex subject matter in a way that educates and prioritizes findings, flexing delivery style to accommodate different audiences, engaging with clients on new project proposals and ongoing delivery, effective communication through various formats (PowerPoint slides, email, verbal, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Collaboration skills: the ability to share information internally to grow the capabilities of the team and to seek out knowledge from others when needed, partnering with external clients throughout a project, delivering on internal requirements to support other teams as needed
- Project management skills: the ability to prioritize competing demands and align resources with project deliverables, communicating internal and external expectations throughout a project
A combination of these skills will be utilized by every team member, but we expect individual roles to draw out individual strengths that complement the team. Our goal is to develop people to their fullest potential so that they can achieve greater responsibilities, and have impact on those around them, clients and teammates alike. While our work is in the financial realm, the primary qualification to apply is a willingness to join our community. No professional experience or certifications are required as we provide the relevant education through a mixture of training and apprenticeship programs, but our process is highly selective as we intentionally seek candidates with traits that contribute to the balance of the firm’s culture.
For spring graduates, initial training is delivered through a combination of self-paced learning coupled with our proprietary, in-house program fondly referred to as “Advisory Boot Camp (or ABC)”. This is a multi-week, academically intensive program. For new hires coming out of university, it can be viewed as an extension of your academic studies. Content areas covered include: fixed income math, derivatives basics, options theory, and client communications. The goal of the program is to provide a foundation and essential building blocks of knowledge to begin navigating your career at the organization. At the end of the program, participants join their team and begin on-the-job training.
Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate academic program with a graduation date between December 2021 - June 2022.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for office-based employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our office-based employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, our office-based employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is an office-based role that requires the employee to work on-site.